Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Plan Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kuri44, Mar 18, 2017.

1. What was it?

2. pbueddi

Trusted

3. pbueddi likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I should relisten to that album. I remember being embarrassed to like it at the time.

That and the line "and do you think about me when he fucks you"

pbueddi likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hahahaja. What a photo.

6. SFguitar

Regular

It's their best album. Were they serious with that cover though? LOL

pbueddi likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

I don't mind the one they ended up going with, but it always bothered me that Chuck's eyes are liked closed in the picture. Like you couldn't get a better one? lol.

8. pbueddi

Trusted

You should and let me know what you think! And yeah that part of the song is eh. There are like three different edits. Unedited, edited, and where it's replaced with "touches." Generation is the only song I would absolutely cut.

Side note: I actually picked this up on vinyl way back when it was released, even before I truly was into vinyl. It's actually seems to be very hard to find at this point!

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. JRGComedy Dec 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2021)
    JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Wow, no kidding! That was the era where almost nothing was getting pressed, that's a good get for sure.

EDIT: Just finished listening, was pretty solid! I think it is marred by some cheesy era-specific production choices, but it's nothing a pop punk band couldn't get away with now. The End was one of my favs and I forgot that I knew every word to No Love until the chorus kicked in haha

pbueddi likes this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

No Love is underrated for sure. What If is also a favorite, even if they were trying a bit hard to make a long “epic” type song.

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

In a larger context, I think it's interesting how many pop punk bands were channeling Def Leppard in that era. Boys Like Girls definitely did with Love Drunk and there are a few songs on Dirty Work too that have those big, anthemic "whoaaaaas"

pbueddi likes this.
  12. pbueddi

Trusted

13. pbueddi

Trusted

Let's get that album release date now please!

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

New single next month

902ABCFB-A9EC-47D6-ABFC-43F98653956B.png

pbueddi likes this.
  15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Hell yeah

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

SP/Sum 41 played together the first time I ever saw either of them, back before SP had even dropped their first album and were playing shows on a 3 song demo CD, so this will be a fun nostalgia trip.

17. pbueddi

Trusted

Wow this could be an awesome collaboration! So stoked! I know sum 41 kinda hated on simple plan a bit in the past, but i would assume that stuff has gone away as they have gotten older.

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Official

Dyablo and pbueddi like this.
  19. pbueddi

Trusted

I wouldn’t mind that artwork for the actual album.

Dyablo likes this.
  20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

pbueddi likes this.
  21. tomtom94

Trusted

22. pbueddi

Trusted

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Deryck on this has me excited.

pbueddi likes this.
  24. pbueddi

Trusted

New song is out there.

25. pbueddi

Trusted

After the first listen, I like this one even a bit more than The Antidote. 2/2 so far on new songs for me. Nice to hear Deryck in something less heavy than what Sum 41 has been doing lately (not that I'm complaining).