Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Plan - Taking One For the Team Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by estacey99, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I found a ticket today for $20. Going to the Chicago show on Sunday!

heymattrick and kidinthebushes like this.
  3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Just got in to HOB! So stoked for this show, I've been waiting like 13 years to see these guys! I'm on the floor at the back against the mixing booth with a red shirt and backwards hat if anyone wants to say hi!

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Is it all general admission?

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

The floor is, I have no clue about the balconies!

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

So I got to meet THE @kidinthebushes and @Daniel182 in person tonight, AND see Simple Plan after waiting all this time. Great show, great energy, and such a fun crowd. Always have a great time at shows in Chicago, can't wait for the next ones.

kidinthebushes and Daniel182 like this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Nice meeting you too. Such a good show. Too bad the vinyl sold out though.

heymattrick likes this.
  8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Simple Plan is playing at some winery in Indiana tomorrow.

Pretty in Pink

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

PVRIS has dropped off the Canadian leg of this tour due to a scheduling conflict/priority of finishing their 2nd album.

10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Source? I haven't seen anything about this yet. It would likely mean I wouldn't go to the show anymore.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

12. redwing91007

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I saw your post in the "What shows do you have coming up thread?" with this tour on the list and that's what made me think of it, since I saw their tweet on Friday. This was a stacked tour and I was insanely jealous of the lineup compared to the US tour

14. redwing91007

Glad you posted it, I completely missed the news. Simple Plan is huge in Canada, they are playing our biggest arena haha. Curious to see who the replacement is. I don't have tickets yet but might still go depending on that.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We are extremely disappointed to announce that we have to reschedule our Eastern Canadian tour dates to March next year.

While singing in the studio this week, Pierre started feeling pain in his vocal cords and consulted his voice doctor. After examination, Pierre was instructed to go on immediate vocal rest. He was also advised to refrain from singing for the next 4 weeks to avoid any permanent vocal cord damage.

After a gruelling touring and traveling schedule and playing over 100 headlining shows all over the world since "Taking One For The Team" came out last February, we all decided together as a band that taking this precautionary measure was the best course of action for the long-term health of Pierre and for our career.

We absolutely hate to not be able to play these shows and have to reschedule. Our Canadian shows are always extremely special to us and it really breaks our hearts to have to make this announcement. We hope you will understand the situation and the fact that we didn't come to this conclusion lightly or easily. We know a lot of you had been looking forward to these shows for a very long time and that some people were traveling from all over the world to attend. We want to sincerely apologize to everyone who is disappointed or if we caused you any inconvenience.

We look forward to seeing at the shows next March and we thank you all for always supporting us, even in difficult situations like this. We also want to reassure you that with the proper rest, Pierre's voice will be back to 100% and healthy again and that we will resume playing shows starting in Brazil in early December for our South American tour.

The new dates that are now confirmed are:

March 11 – London Music Hall - London
    March 13 – Centre Videotron – QC
    March 14 – Air Canada Centre – Toronto
    March 15 - Bell Centre – Montreal

We're working on Ottawa and Halifax dates and will announce them soon.

Unfortunately, our friends All Time Low won't be able to join us on the new dates, but we are already working on finding a great new support act.

Thank you for your support.

Pierre, Chuck, Seb, David and Jeff.

*** Tickets purchased for the originally scheduled show dates will be honoured. Refunds available at point of purchase until Dec 1.

16. heymattrick

Sending my love

Bummer for Canadian fans. That lineup with PVRIS and All Time Low would have been tops, then PVRIS dropped now tour postponed and ATL dropping. So glad we got to see them in Chicago before all this

kidinthebushes likes this.
  17. redwing91007

Not too bummed out, after Pvris dropped I wasn't 100% sold anyways. Excited to see who the replacement support is.

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

ATTN London, ON!

We’ve moved our show from 11/17/2016 to March 11th 2017 at London Music Hall and IT’S NOW SOLD OUT!

Since our previous venue was seated, we will have designated lines based on the 3 ticket prices and early entrance based on ticket line. So those who originally bought floor tickets have a chance to get right up front!

If you can’t make the new date, refunds will be available at point of purchase till December 1st.

19. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Willing to bet everything shifted because of low ticket sales.

Old Venue: Bud Gardens - 9,100 cap
    New Venue: London Music Hall - 1,600 cap

If the new venue is already sold out, that must mean they sold about 1,600 tickets to the original date in the time it's been announced to now, about a week before the original scheduled show.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We are extremely sorry that we haven't be able to reschedule the Ottawa and Halifax shows and now have to cancel them. We tried very hard to find dates that would work in March, but it has proven to be impossible due to venues' availability and our schedule. There's nothing we hate more than disappointing our fans and this has been a very frustrating situation. We would like to apologize once again and let you know that we will do everything we can to come back and play for you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we hope that some of you can join us in Montreal, Quebec City or Toronto.

Thanks for understanding and looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

Pierre, Chuck, Sebastien, Jeff and David.

Refunds available at point of purchase.

21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Too bad. The Canadian leg was stacked. First PVRIS dropped off and then Simple Plan had to reschedule and now two dates got canceled. Have they announced the opener(s) for the other Canadian shows?

22. redwing91007

Nope, nothing on the openers yet. The did say ATL won't be doing them when they first moved the dates though.

23. heymattrick

Sending my love

Set It Off and Seaway will open the London show, and Plain White T's and Set It Off are opening the other three dates.