Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Plan - "No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls" 15 Year Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 10, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1491233374453.jpg

2. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Wow, the only time I've seen Simple Plan was in 2004 at the Crystal Ballroom. Might have to go and feel 17 again haha

3. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I wish Seaway were also on this leg but I might have to go anyway since I've never seen Simple Plan.

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

They posted a video on Facebook earlier teasing that Canada will be getting NPNHJB dates soon too.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Went in Detroit last night. Seaway and Set It Off were both good, Simple Plan was really solid. I was never the biggest fan of their music growing up, but they're an incredibly competent band and great at what they do. I might even go to the Grand Rapids date if I have work off that night.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was out of town for the two Chicago shows. I don't plan on going to Milwaukee tomorrow or the Indy date in August. I'll be content seeing them on the Warped cruise.

7. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Montreal date September 18th. They played an arena here a month ago and now are going into a 2500 cap room for this. Wonder who the openers will be on the Canadian dates, could be a make it or break it thing for me.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

9. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

[​IMG]

Ouch on the openers

kidinthebushes likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn thought they might end up playing Riot Fest, but there's my answer

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Is Not By Choice any good? Is them reuniting a big deal? I have never heard of them before.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

13. Merch_Mike

I actually work for them. It's just a one time special reunion show. We used to tour with Simple Plan a bunch back in the day. This will be their first show since 2005.

Here's their 2 biggest singles:

It'll be a great show! I'm really excited to see them do a reunion after all these years!

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This sounds like... nostalgia! I'll have to check out some more of their stuff.

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

To give you a point of reference, they are a Canadian band (from Ajax, ON I believe) and received a ton of radio play and MuchMusic (Canadian MTV essentially) played their music videos quite a bit in the early 2000s. The two singles linked above were all over the place around that time and it looked like they could've potentially blown up in a way similar to Gob or Sum 41.

But it's understandable that with the CRTC regulations mandating Canadian content, they fall into that American blindspot where the band is really big in Canada and unheard of in the US (obviously to a lesser extent but bands like Billy Talent, Gob, Alexisonfire, Simple Plan, etc. were much bigger here).

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I loved MuchMusic. This is the first time I have heard of Not By Choice.

17. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah their "hit" album came out in 2002 so I was like 13. Depending if you're younger, that could explain it.

Also - unrelated but Standing All Alone is pretty much a perfect pop-punk song.

Merch_Mike likes this.
  18. Jerihoar

Regular

First time seeing them last night and they killed it. Venue was super nice and sold out show. Set it off was very dull wanted them to end the first song.

19. natesmith083

Regular

This starts back up tomorrow in Grand Rapids. Can't wait! Should be a fun time.

20. jordanjohnson09

Regular

really bummed i'm not/ wasn't able to make any of these shows

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I had a lot of fun at the Detroit show, so I was bummed I can't do the GR show tonight.

22. meggers

Trusted

Going to the Dallas and Austin shows next week. Can't wait!!

23. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'll be at the Las Vegas show! Pretty stoked to see Simple Plan again but honestly might be more excited to see Set It Off since I got into them after seeing them open last time.

24. natesmith083 Aug 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2017)
    natesmith083

Regular

I like Set It Off and all but it kind of bugs me that all I can hear is drum/bass/vocals but they have 2 guitarists and no bassist.

Set times for anyone wondering
    Patent Pending 7-7:30
    Set it Off 7:50-8:30
    Simple Plan 9:00-10:40

kman22 likes this.
  25. meggers

Trusted

I wonder how set times will change when the 3rd opener joins the tour next week.