Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Creatures (Alex Gaskarth & Mark Hoppus) - Strange Love (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mattfreaksmeout, Jan 24, 2019.

1. TomG

Trusted Supporter

The strange love chorus reminds me of Kevin Lyttle’s “Turn Me On” so much. I can’t Hear anything else

David Parke likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is probably the best stuff Alex has written. Even better than ATL, IMO

3. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't like any of the songs when I heard them individually, but listened to this a few times today while gaming and I think it's grown on me a lot

4. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Anyone whose been to a show know when they came on? Doors opened at 7 in Philly

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty much 9 exactly

6. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This EP is making me listen to All Time Low more than I ever have... maybe ever. Always enjoyed a couple tunes, but whenever I heard anything else I wasn't a fan and I wrote them off immediately. Just fucking around listening to some of their stuff lately and I am enjoying it enough. Which is crazy because when I think about when they blew up and where I was musically then, I should've been all about them, but I just... wasn't.

But regardless, I am becoming a Pretty Big fan of this EP. This will definitely get a lot of mileage this summer

smowashere likes this.
  7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

If you enjoy this you'll love Last Young Renegade. To me they're in their prime and can't wait to see what they do on their next record.

8. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Will have to check it out. I've seen some people here praising that before, so I'm definitely gonna check it out, but I've been kinda hanging around their earlier shit.

I am surprised at myself though. I did not like any of the singles as they were released. Kinda got bummed that Mark was seemingly invested in this, thought maybe it'd affect new Blink in some unforseen way. Decided to throw it on today and... kinda really dug it. I guess that's the power of music tho!!

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I didn’t expect it but this ep definitely slaps

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. Just a thought, would have been cool for them to work Tidal Waves into the Simple Creatures set.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

Tried the EP. Not for me. Glad they are doing something different though.

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am really, really into Adrenaline and Lucy, the rest not so much.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. samesies

14. Mister Lyrical

Someone yelled at them to play it at the Philly show, Mark couldn't remember the lyrics and didn't know how to play it. Then someone yelled Carousel and he played the first part of the riff before launching into Strange Love.

David Parke likes this.
  15. Mister Lyrical

I will say both songs, Nevermind and One Little Lie, from the second EP sounded awesome and were a lot more synthy. The Depeche Mode cover also was way heavier than I'd have expected.

bradsonemanband and David Parke like this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I really like this, which is a surprise for me

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

New EP “Everything Opposite” out this summer, full album to be released after.

According to people reporting back from one of the shows

18. marissalg

Trusted

Listened to this while pregaming tonight and honestly a great time.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  20. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

That video is absolutely genuine.

David Parke likes this.
  21. Kuri44

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Wooo!!

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I was hoping they’d release a new song before Download!

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I dig it

Eric Wilson likes this.