Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simon and Garfunkel Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 18, 2016.

1. George

Trusted Prestigious

Simon & Garfunkel was an American folk rock duo consisting of singer-songwriter Paul Simon and singer Art Garfunkel. They were one of the most popular recording artists of the 1960s and became counterculture icons of the decade's social revolution, alongside artists such as the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan. Their biggest hits—including "The Sound of Silence" (1964/1965), "Mrs. Robinson" (1968), "Bridge over Troubled Water" (1969), and "The Boxer" (1969)—reached number one on singles charts worldwide. Their often rocky relationship led to artistic disagreements, which resulted in their breakup in 1970. Their final studio record, Bridge over Troubled Water, was their most successful, becoming one of the world's best-selling albums. Since their split in 1970 they have reunited several times, most famously in 1981 for the "The Concert in Central Park", which attracted more than 500,000 people, the seventh-largest concert attendance in history.

[​IMG]

Paul Simon's mustache -hahaha.

Essential Albums; Bridge Over Troubled Water is an all time classic. Work backwards from there.

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It's really hard for me to pick between Bookends and Bridge Over Troubled Water for their best album. Thankfully, I don't have to.

"Baby Driver" is one of my top good mood songs

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Yeah I'm not sure how to choose between those two. "Cecilia" will always have a special place in my heart though. Something about that song.

bd007h and cshadows2887 like this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just now getting into these guys. I'm starting with Bridge Over Troubled Water and I love it.

bd007h and cshadows2887 like this.
  6. cshadows2887

"America" is one of the greatest works of American song. Those fucking lyrics.

bd007h likes this.
  7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

My sister and I discovered in the late 90s or so that the Macarena dance goes perfectly to Cecilia B-)

8. cshadows2887

That (what I think is a) tuba on "The Boxer" gives me chills every time.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious