Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silversun Pickups Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 3, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Yeeeesss. It took me a while to get familiar with the second half of the album and that's one of my favorites. I heard Dream Tempo at just the right time this week and it helped me come full circle. Love every track on it.

DejaMoi and bd007h like this.
  2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

A friend and I got free tickets to see them the other night. We could only stay for their first few songs, but they sounded really great and were fun as hell. Gotta be honest though, I absolutely loathed most of Foals' set. Best way I can think to describe it was painfully sterile.

3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Better Nature is up there with their very best work imo

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  4. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

I was lucky enough to see them this past weekend when they headlined in Detroit with Foals and Joywave opening for them (I saw them open for Cage the Elephant earlier this year, who I did not enjoy at all). They played a MONSTER set... they probably played over 15 songs. It was phenomenal.

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I finally got to hear their itunes exclusive Ep thanks to Apple Music and like all their output it was extremely solid. Since Better Nature they have really becomed one of my all time favorite bands.

6. muttley

They've got some newer dates coming up this summer. Really excited to have two chances to see them.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Bummed that there isn't more Canadian dates. Wonder what the support is for these shows.

8. muttley

For those two days, support is A Silent Film and Kiev.

9. sukottokairu

Regular

This band is so great, Better Nature took a bit to grow on me, due to the different direction and production, but it is a great album, and the vocals especially are incredible. Neck of the woods is for sure my favorite though, what a dark, experimental, almost progressive album, but at the same time having extremely memorable choruses. Honestly this band can do no wrong!

DejaMoi and muttley like this.
  10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

This band has done no wrong. Flawless discography so far imo.

11. muttley

In the middle of Panic Switch:

I've heard about him doing stuff like this haha

redwing91007 likes this.
  12. muttley

Got my ticket for tomorrow. Balcony, too. Can't wait.

Cameron likes this.
  13. muttley

Carnavas turned 10 last month. That would be awesome if they did some album shows.

DejaMoi likes this.
  14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I really need to see them live again!

15. muttley

Shout out to the guy that plays keys. I often forget he's there despite how much he adds to the band's sound.

DejaMoi and redwing91007 like this.
  16. josephcissell

Regular

Thanks for creating the thread! I love these guys, but I haven’t listened in a while. Need to go back through their discography from beginning.

DejaMoi and muttley like this.
  17. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

crazy it's been that long

muttley likes this.
  18. muttley

Carnavas is tops imo

josephcissell likes this.
  19. Collins

Trusted

well thought out twinkles, kissing families, lazy eye, panic switch, and creation lake were my favorites. I also remember getting hooked on its nice to know you work alone because it was on the MLB the show soundtrack. this band was my shit from 15-17. I fell off with neck of the woods. I need to hear the new stuff though soon

20. SilverScreen

Nihil Nihil

My first exposure to them was seeing them open for Foo Fighters in 2007, and they won over many people in the audience including myself. I was big into the Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins and My Bloody Valentine at the time and these guys struck a big chord with me. I grabbed Carnavas shortly afterwards and had it on heavy rotation for months afterwards.

I've grown bored with this band in recent years. I liked Swoon when it was released but I felt it was lacking something that Carnavas and Pikul had. By the time Neck of the Woods was released I had lost interest in them, they just seemed to have lapsed into dull, safe alternative rock. And I can't even recall if I've even listened to Better Nature.

21. muttley

Sort Of has been my go-to this week.

Carnavas > Swoon > NOTW = Better Nature

22. sukottokairu

Regular

You should listen to Neck of the Woods, it has some of their darkest, heaviest, most experimental moments, with some amazing choruses that are hard not to sing along to. Better Nature... it grew on me a lot, the vocals sound exceptional, but the more electronic sound and production turned me off at first.

My ranking: Neck of the Woods > Carnavas > Better Nature > Pikul > Swoon

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  23. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I can't comprehend how Swoon is on the bottom of anybodys list. That's like putting Jimmy Eat World's Futures at the bottom of a ranking. It just doesn't happen. But that's me so carry on. I haven't listened to Carnavas in maybe 2-3 years straight through....... I may throw that on tomorrow.

24. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Carnavas > Better Nature > Pikul > Swoon > Neck of the Woods

25. sukottokairu

Regular

I understand haha, It's just... Swoon is the most generic and dare I say boring of all their releases, but don't get me wrong, I love Swoon and I think it's a great album, I'm a big fan of the band and love all of their material. I'm on the other side and I don't understand how Neck of the Woods is on the bottom of people's lists!