Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silversun Pickups Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This band deserves their own thread. They have one of the most solid discographies around in my opinion. I would love to see them live again.

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Fucking love them. New album is :ok:

Ragamuffin is killer.

DejaMoi likes this.
  3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Omg yes I agree with all of that!

4. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Just saw them live for the first time on Friday and they were excellent (although they were sandwiched between Foals and Cage the Elephant who definitely both put on more energetic performances). I still need to see them on a headlining tour so I can see a more robust setlist.

I love all 4 of their cds, but Better Nature might be my favorite. Carnavas and Swoon have higher highs, but Better Nature is the most consistent in my opinion.

DejaMoi and bd007h like this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Pikul and Seasick are both good as well. They are the type of band that have no forgettable songs. Some might not be as strong as others but like Brand New I like them all and that's saying something after 4 albums and 2 EP's.

mike1885 likes this.
  6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

The only release I've yet to hear is their record store day exclusive single from 2013. Side a: Let It Decay and Side b: Working Title

7. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Those songs are good. The b-sides to Swoon are good as well with Currency Of Love being one of those "why in the world wasn't this on the album?" type thing.

Never listened to Pikul actually, but every single album of theirs is wonderful. Swoon being one of my favorite albums of all time. Swoon>Better Nature>Neck Of The Woods>Carnavas; personally.

DejaMoi likes this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You can get Pikul for 3.99 on itunes well worth it imo.

I really need to hear these Swoon b-sides you speak of!

Another great song is Cannibal released as a single with the Singles collection compilation.

9. Supernova

Oh yeah, well aware. AND Devil's Cup which was a b-side of sorts from the Singles Collection. You can search for those songs on the Youtubes or I might have them laying around somewhere if you desire.....

DejaMoi likes this.
  10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

How many b-sides are we talking about?! I'm def interested in hearing them all.

11. I enjoy Better Nature a lot, but it isn't at the level of Swoon or Neck of the Woods for me. Those two albums are some of my favorites of the last few years.

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

The one that took the longest time to grow on me out of the 4 has to be Neck of the woods.

13. I think it took me a little longer to get into, but once it clicked I loved it just as much, if not more than, Swoon.

DejaMoi likes this.
  14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I love that Nikki has a bigger role on the new album vocally. The new album is still very solid def in my top 3 records released last year

bd007h likes this.
  15. bd007h

Was definitely in my top 10. So many good albums this past year.

16. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Haven't listened to better nature in a while. Love it, will listen today

17. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Listened to Swoon while I was driving yesterday. Their music is perfect for that.
    Well Thought Out Twinkles is probably my favorite song of theirs.

I still need to give Better Nature a proper listen.

DejaMoi likes this.
  18. bd007h

Coachella stream about to start!

19. muttley

Thanks for posting that! Wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Coachella
    Link for anyone else.

Twinkles rules so much.

bd007h likes this.
  20. bd007h

21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Damn soooo sad I missed it :(

22. Supernova

Just found out they are playing a late set in Atlanta after their Shakey Knees fest set on May 13th. Been waiting to see these guys forever and I have make sure I'm off work for this.

bd007h and DejaMoi like this.
  23. muttley Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited: May 13, 2016)
    muttley

Been listening to Swoon a lot. Finally got through Better Nature too. Good stuff.

I didn't mention it during the Coachella stream, but does anyone else think they sound a little... lackluster live? I thought the same thing when I watched their Guitar Center session.

24. muttley

I swear I've listened to them every day for the last 2 months. Plenty o' Carnavas.

DejaMoi and bd007h like this.
  25. bd007h

:heart: Rusted Wheel