Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Band • Page 77

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake Z, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Isaac from Knocked Loose co-wrote this

Screenshot_20210415-205254.png

beachdude likes this.
  2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Charge your phone

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I like this one. Banger. I also really loved their last record

beachdude likes this.
  6. goosetoph

u wut m8?

That song is no where near their heaviest song. They have like 20 songs heavier than that. It feels very much like a Beartooth song with Shane's vocals. The lyrics seem super on the nose. I do like it more than much of their previous record. I'll keep supporting these guys, as I've been doing since When Broken is Easily Fixed, but not super sure I enjoy the direction they're heading.

AWasteOfATime and disambigujason like this.
  7. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

They kinda shot themselves in the foot with the "heaviest song to date" statement. While I agree it's in their heavier songs in some way, it set expectations really high for some people. People expected something in the same vein as I Am The Arsonist or I Will Illuminate, which this is not. It is heavy, but not in the same way as those songs.

8. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

as someone who hasn't gone in on the deep en of their discography, some of you peaked my interest as far as heavier tracks. i've noted a few suggestions... any chance of a top 10 of silverstein's heaviest tracks? i'm very curious. thanks!

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Laughing at how similar this sounds to the new Royal Blood single “Boilermaker” for the first 30 seconds

beachdude likes this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Off the top of my head, some of their heaviest tracks: I Am The Arsonist, I Will Illuminate, In a Place of Solace, Born Dead, Whiplash, Heaven Hell and Purgatory, Dancing on My Grave, My Disaster 2.0, Stand Amid The Roar, The Artist, Bleeds No More

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Fist Wrapped in Blood and Defend You are two of my favourite heavier songs of theirs.

12. latortuga

Regular

Surprised to see this on my release radar yesterday and I dig. Last album and Redux 2 were both on repeat for months so I'm ready for this!

beachdude likes this.
  13. goosetoph

u wut m8?

My favorite heavy songs are definitely The Artist (my favorite overall song of theirs), I Am The Arsonist, Heaven Hell and Purgatory, Stand Amid the Roar, Last Looks, Whiplash, Retrograde, Fist Wrapped in Blood, Sacrifice, A Great Fire, Smashed to Pieces, Bleeds No More, and When Broken is Easily Fixed.

Broken Stars is not super heavy for most of the song but the breakdown at the end is one of the best (if not the best) of their discography.

14. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

hard agree

15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Finally got my A&D vinyl today and my Silverstein album collection is now complete (minus Addendum). Well, until they release that Discovering the Waterfront Live at Starland Ballroom album.

FBD7B8B5-3569-4799-A0A1-7B68F8D8219E.jpeg

latortuga, sonder, SAB22 and 5 others like this.
  16. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It was great seeing them live yesterday. Sad they didn't play Bankrupt though, but it was worth it just to finally experience a real live show again.

sonder, latortuga and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. Cmoney86

Trusted

sonder, beachdude and cosmickid like this.
  18. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Anyone else at the Detroit show tonight? First show since pre-pandemic for me!!

beachdude likes this.
  19. Cmoney86

Trusted

They are playing both new songs it’s over and bankrupt according to setlist.fm

20. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Here's a video of the new song:

beachdude, Colby Searcy and sonder like this.
  21. Colby Searcy

The production of the live show is very different since I've seen them last

earthlight likes this.
  22. Colby Searcy

Also who is playing keys/3rd guitar?

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Mike Tompa. He’s been playing with them since the 15 Year WBIEF tour

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. latortuga

Regular

This is cool, I'm excited for this!!

ETA: Has some "Where Are You" vibes with the synth line.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Last night in Chicago was fucking insane. They played a alkaline trio cover and their Kanye west cover of runaway. Prolly one offs cuz Chicago means so much to the band since their first show ever in the us was in Chicago. Also both new songs are killer live

sonder and latortuga like this.