Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Band • Page 74

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake Z, Nov 1, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I remember when they played See Ya Bill like three times in a row lol

r0m4n44 and sonder like this.
  2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they definitely played some of the short songs when I saw them at the free Chain Reaction show

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I think the time I saw “See Ya Bill,” they were switching who played what each time.

r0m4n44 likes this.
  4. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I feel like I've seen One Last Dance live too.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I saw them play the album in full on the Short Songs tour which was really awesome

I think after that they played Brookfield and maybe one other a few times but once Wind Shifts dropped they stopped

6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen them play a couple of them the last few years.

7. johnnyferris

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

MUCH better than the original

9. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

That song has always had my favorite breakdown and that does not disappoint. Sounds massive.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

So good

r0m4n44, latortuga, Micool1 and 2 others like this.
  11. johnnyferris

What a fun release! I prefer this much over the first Redux.

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Haven't listened yet but from what I've heard this is what I wanted/expected from the first Redux

13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this one is more exciting because there's a lot more changes to the songs. I feel like they didn't want to change the songs on the first one (except Still Dreaming) since they were fan favorites. This time they are deeper cuts so they took more liberty with the songs.

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Redux 1 was cool because of the rerecorded LP1 songs but this ones a lot more fun.

15. jackyjackyjack

Regular

This new Redux is insanely good and I agree it's better than the first one. I love that On Major Mountains We Conquer sounds like a bouncy pop punk song just from changing the key.

I always thought the production and screams on Arrival & Departures album were a bit 'off' so the new versions of Worlds Apart (chorus sounds so epic here) and My Disaster are fantastic.

Then the last song 'Arrivals / Departures' sounds like it could be a top 40 pop song, really great job and I wish Paul Marc would sing more - he's got a great voice

16. Rawrz

Regular

That extened version of World on Fire is so good. Hope they do more Short Songs in the future.

17. johnnyferris

Give me a ten second See ya Bill

sonder likes this.
  18. johnnyferris

They have a strong distaste towards the making of A&D. Shane had to record all the vocals (or at least the screams) all in one day. Trombino and JEW can make the magic, but it seemed the relationship with Silverstein was never going to get to that level.

19. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah loving this Redux way more. Worlds Apart, Hear Me Out and Waiting Four Years are my favorites. Three great songs that suffered from less than great production that sound amazing on this.

20. goosetoph

u wut m8?

Since they're halfway there, I wish they'd just re-record all of When Broken is Easily Fixed. The re-recorded versions on Redux and Redux II are awesome. Shane is a much better vocalist now.

sonder, Smittzerland and latortuga like this.
  21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

maybe that is the goal at this point lol, although there is a full live version of it that sounds great

Smittzerland likes this.
  22. latortuga

Regular

Major Mountains is so fun! Wow, this is a treat of an album!

23. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Who's the guest vocals on Already Dead??

24. Vivatoto

I'm seeing Jordan Black from Like Pacific

parkerxcore likes this.
  25. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

I much prefer Redux II to the first one... I love Silverstein's sound but they've never been an album band to me, apart from Shipwreck, so it's nice to have what's essentially an anthology from them

edit: jesus this re-recording of November's good

latortuga likes this.