Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake Z, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The Brand New bracket is at like 50 voters, meanwhile we barely have 10 voters here :( We need more people!

bachna84 likes this.
  2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I think part of it is just that people can't keep up with so many brackets at a time maybe. I'm involved with three right now and that's pretty much all I can handle! A couple people seemed interested but haven't gotten round one or two picks in. I think we can probably get this to 15 or so voters consistently

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

It would be nice to get some promotion on the news page. Obviously Silverstein isn't going to get Brand New numbers, but we could do better.

4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I don't expect Silverstein to have a lot of voters. I was surprised we only got like 25 voters max for Linkin Park. But I still think we can get some more. We definitely can't get Brand New numbers. People on here are crazy in love with them.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Greetings from philly. Silverstein sounded terrific but only played 30 mins. Retrograde, Massachusetts, Smile in your Sleep, Ghost, Vices, Smashed into Pieces if I remember correctly.

Also I anticipated 15-20 votes for silverstein brackets. No bueno.

bachna84 and johnnyferris like this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Thoughts on falling in reverse:

Bad band
    Ronnie looks unwell
    Surprisingly diverse crowd
    Ronnie tried to get the whole crowd to sit down and kept stopping the music. Crowd was unrelenting in standing and Ronnie gave up.
    So much crowdsurfing.
    I found a circa survive fan and we made it through

7. SizableScars

Unwell

Cut and Run
    Ghost
    Mirror Box
    Afterglow

8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

It depends on the band and that threads activity too. Blink-182 maxed at 56 voters, is minimum was 35. TBS was maxed at 35, minimum was 25. Linkin Park never cracked 25. Brand New has been doing 27-54.

bachna84 likes this.
  9. bachna84

Current scores:

Aquamarine: 11
    Cut and Run: 1

Ghost: 9
    Whiplash: 3

Retrograde: 8
    Mirror Box: 4

Last Looks: 3
    Afterglow: 9

js977 likes this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it helps when the thread was already active before, because people get the notification. The LP and Silverstein threads were pretty much dead before the brackets started.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

So was TBS really

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. bachna84

It's also possible that the numbers ramp up a bit when we get to some of their older material

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

Like LP did

bachna84 likes this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Have you guys done Discovering the Waterfront yet?

15. bachna84

Nope, going newest to oldest and just started!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Hey, on the TIHTWS are we counting "This Is How" and "The Wind Shifts" as seperate songs, or as the singular track "This Is How The Wind Shifts" those songs are stripped from?

(If you don't know, those two songs are individual tracks from the same song split into seperate cuts. If you play them at the same time they're one song.)

17. johnnyferris

Separate songs if we're doing the standard version of the album

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can only speak to the first 4 Silverstein albums so someone @ me when you get to Shipwreck.

bachna84 and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  19. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Aquamarine:
    Ghost
    Mirror Box
    Afterglow

js977 likes this.
  20. johnnyferris

Why don't you give the new ones a listen?

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Thanks a lot @bachna84 ! I'll take it from here. How long has it been?

Current with skurt:

Aquamarine: 12
    Cut and run: 1

Ghost: 10
    Whiplash: 3

Retrograde: 8
    Mirror box: 5

Last looks: 3
    Afterglow: 10

My airbnb in philly bailed so I drove home 5 hours. I'm friggin exhausted. Pleasant drive though. Listened to the entire Brand New discography.

bachna84 likes this.
  22. bachna84

Round 2 has been going since about 4 PM on Saturday.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly not really into that genre of music anymore. I didn't really care for Arrivals and Departures at all. Also didn't care for Shipwreck initially, but have since come to enjoy it, although I probably haven't listened to it in 5 or 6 years.

I was 17 when When Broken is Easily Fixed came out and was more into the screamo/hardcore a little bit more back then.

I have a long story somewhere in this thread how I hung out with Silverstein at the bar for hours when I was only 17 before a show in Cleveland years ago. So I'll always have a soft spot for their early stuff.

24. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Thanks for the @, been super off the radar this weekend.

Aquamarine (Surprised Cut and Run is getting so blown out, really like the chorus)
    Ghost
    Retrograde
    The Afterglow

25. johnnyferris

Many here would tell you that Dead Reflection and This Is How the Wind Shifts are right on par with Discovering the Waterfront so if you ever need something to stream give it a shot.

Sounds like a fun story though considering I got into the band at the age of 12, haha.

Blink182Bouncer and js977 like this.