Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Band • Page 58

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake Z, Nov 1, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

And I think A&D is incredibly bland and IAA is pretty solid with some interesting new things for the band. Neither really remind me of DTW.

2. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

No, I definitely don't see a whole lot of similarities there so I went with the easy answer.

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

If you made a heavy Silverstein playlist you'd only have three songs from Rescue on there (Sacrifice, Intervention, Artist). Three songs from each album is pretty on course for their discography

js977 likes this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I probably would give the nod to Medicate or Live to Kill over Sacrifice in the Rescue heaviness department.

Or maybe I just really don't like Sacrifice

5. Blink182Bouncer Nov 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2017)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Went to the sold out show last night, and it was absolutely insane, do not regret it.

They had a saxophone player on Call It Karma, Paul and Billy switched instruments for the encore, Shane covered 'Total Bummer' by NOFX and dedicated it to the venue closing.

Perhaps the most aggressive/best crowd I've ever seen/felt in Minneapolis. There was a blue-haired girl next to me who was nice, but her boyfriend was a total twat who pushed me out of my front row spot around halfway through Silverstein's set.

Also Seaway commanded the crowd like no one's buisiness. They've gained a new fan. (Also got $80 and my ID stolen, but oh well)

6. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

fuck yeah, I'm so excited to see them on Wednesday!

7. johnnyferris

Got my tickets for Anaheim!

sonder likes this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sad we never got the review for Dead Reflection :(

js977 likes this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

yea that bummed me out lol. and explanation?

10. johnnyferris

It deserved more coverage

11. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

forgot to comment on here how sick it was to see them live a couple weeks ago. crowd seemed to be really into all of the DR songs, especially Afterglow which we've discussed on here how frickin catchy that song is. didn't stick around to talk to the band like I usually do so that was a bit of a bummer. openers were okay...the local band from Grand Rapids (Backpacks) was much more appealing to me than Cedar Green, I just got a weird vibe from them and the singer I didn't think was great. Seaway isn't my favorite but people were really into them live and it was fun to watch. Shane ended up closing with a couple acoustic songs, and they peppered in a couple of the old classics, so overall it was a good show. Plus, I got to see them at the Pyramid Scheme which, to me, is a much more intimate venue than the Intersection, and they seemed happy about the venue choice too.

12. johnnyferris

Made the end of the year list! Thanks Silverstein for putting out a fantastic record in 2017!

Tour ramping up soon. Who is going?

js977 and MexicanGuitars like this.
  13. MexicanGuitars

I’m a definite maybe. I don’t know any of the other bands save for Tonight Alive, but it’s on a weekend and I haven’t seen them since the DTW 10-year so I do want to

14. johnnyferris Jan 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2018)
    johnnyferris

I saw Shane play solo last spring, but Euro Summer 16 was the last time I saw the entire band. I’d wager it’s worth it alone for Dead Reflection songs

Of course I forgot about the SF/Silverstein coheadline fall/winter 2016

15. disambigujason Jan 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2018)
    disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

DR was no.3 on my list so i was ecstatic to see it on the staff list. Always warms my heart to see the old scene heavyweights have some staying power.
    As for the tour there’s a handful of dates i could go to; gotta figure out the least inconvenient one.

sonder and johnnyferris like this.
  16. I'll be at the LA show in a few weeks. Excited to see the new songs played.

17. johnnyferris

I’ll be at Anaheim

18. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I'm always going haha. Stoked to see 'em again in February.

johnnyferris, js977 and skurt like this.
  19. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Same drunk bought my ticket the other night.

teebs41 and johnnyferris like this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

New video for Whiplash

teebs41, solxace and sonder like this.
  21. red8ge

Regular

this is how the wind shifts is their best album by a long shot

ale5875, teebs41, js977 and 1 other person like this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Undeniably

red8ge likes this.
  23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I really like the narrative of I Am Alive, so that's my favorite, but Wind Shifts has a lot of really great moments.

I like how that album acted as a turning point for how they sound now.

teebs41 and johnnyferris like this.
  24. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Getting to see Silverstein today for the 2nd time in 4 months....I feel so spoiled.

js977 likes this.
  25. MexicanGuitars

I'm still undecided about tomorrow. Would be cool to see the new songs but idk.