Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jake Z, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Jake Z

Regular

How is there no thread for these guys? One of the most consistent bands in post hardcore, and one of the few from that group of bands they came up with to to be relevant and getting better with each album. I see a lot of casual music fans make comments like ''They are still around?'' in a mocking tone. That is a shame, because they are great.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

No one does this style of post hardcore better than these guys.

teebs41 and Jake Z like this.
  3. solxace

oh word?

they are the best

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Expected this bands thread to have way more conversation

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Agreed... they're great, and have been very consistent imo.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I am alive in everything I touch is so solid.. I think these guys get criticized for doing the same thing too much but lyrically that album is probably their best.

Jake Z and beachdude42 like this.
  7. Jake Z

Regular

They have gotten better each release IMO. Shane's cleans and screams, the musicianship, lyrics, etc. Just a great band that sticks to their roots but mixes in new sounds each time.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. monzz22

#DeadReflection
    Band's Facebook teasing an announcement Thursday at 2pm eastern. hopefully new album coming this summer with a new single to go along with Ghost

cant wait, these guys are great and always a good time live.

Jake Z likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think we are getting a new single today

beachdude42, Jake Z and musicfan9795 like this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Haven't paid attention to these guys since Shipwreck in the Sand came out. Kind of lost interest in them. I remember seeing them back in 2003, right after When Broke is Easily Fixed came out, before anyone really knew who they were. They played a real small venue in Cleveland called Pirate's Cove (Closed now). My buddy and I showed up super early because we had never been there and didn't really know where it was. So we get to the venue and there were a couple guys at the bar and we had no clue who they were and I asked where to get tickets to the show and they go 'who you coming to see?' and I said Silverstein and they said 'that's us, have a seat' and no joke, my buddy and I sat at the bar with Neil and another member for at least two hours. We were only 18 at the time, yet they were still buying us drinks and wings. It was really cool. At one point, Neil went to the bathroom and bought weed, haha. Shane was not with us, he was sick that night so was resting in the van. I remember they had no place to stay, and at one point, were talking about staying at my friend's house.

There was literally less than 20 people at the show that night. A year later, they came back and played The Rhythm Room (which also has closed) and there were a few hundred people there and I ran into Neil and was like, 'no way you remember us, but we sat at the bar with you' blah blah blah and he said he definitely remembered. It was pretty cool.

sonder likes this.
  11. Jake Z

Regular

Really cool story, they seem like great guys. Honestly, you should check out their last few albums. They are doing that sort of post hardcore better than any band out there.

12. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Band has definitely improved over time. Nothing extraordinary, but they're good at the sound they aim for. I think I Am Alive in Everything I Touch is their best record.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Shane is so good live now it isn't even funny. I saw them back on their when broken is easily fixed tours and he would struggle to get through a set, now he's a champ and the new stuff is probably harder to sing!

Jake Z likes this.
  14. solxace

oh word?

Dead Reflection is the album title and it's out July 14th!

Jake Z and teebs41 like this.
  15. Jake Z

Regular

YESSSSS. Thanks for the post.

solxace likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lets get an album thread going!

solxace likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Jake Z

Regular

Get on that @teebs41 , I couldn't even figure out how to make this one a ''band'' thread like all the others lol.

19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

If you haven't listen to their last two album then you're really missing out

Jake Z likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

not gonna lie I definitely think I get @Jake Z and @Jake W confused sometimes, I think you both have similar taste too haha

Jake W and Jake Z like this.
  21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just finding the Silverstein thread now :-/

I just saw Shane play solo last week and it was awesome. I didn't think we'd be getting another album this year but here we are!

teebs41 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I had no idea it was coming and am very excited for a fun heavy album to last this summer

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

hey people, any interest here in doing a TBS/LP/Blink- style discography bracket to revive this thread? these guys have an expansive enough discography that i say it warrants it.

24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Like a survivor poll, or...

25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

the songs on each album are voted on in a tournament-style bracket, and we just go through each album and then put the winners against each other.