Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein/Tonight Alive/Picturesque/Broadside Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Sep 25, 2017.

1. emlantzy

Regular

Do any of you guys know anyone who's done the Tonight Alive vip? I've been going back and forth on getting the upgrade but wanted to hear how it was

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Is Tonight Alive playing For You? Easily the best song on the new record.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  3. SPine

Trusted

They did not in Cleveland

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

So excited for tonight! Silverstein always brings it

5. johnnyferris

Showed up right before Broadside started so I missed Pitcuresque. I wasn’t too impressed with Broadside. The vocalist seemed to lack a lot of power in his voice because I could barely hear him at times.

Tonight Alive was very good. I’m only familiar with the Limitless LP so the songs they played from it were my favorite. The acoustic “Oxygen” was a nice surprise and my favorite moment from their set. Clearly a Silverstein crowd though.

Silverstein’s set was my clear favorite of the night. Seeing them numerous times at the old Anaheim HOB it was nice to see them come into the newer, larger one with the new DR songs and play such a big show. They sounded so tight and looked like they were having a blast on the stage.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  6. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

how are the crowds here? it seems that silverstein keeps playing smaller venues every time they come through.

7. Going to the LA show tonight. Didn't know people didn't like Sacrifice. That and Dancing On My Grave are the only songs I regularly go back to from Rescue/Transitions. I agree with not being a big fan of The Afterglow, though.

8. Jerihoar

Regular

How's this been at other shows? Here im AZ sold pretty poor half the venue is curtained off. Venue gave A LOT of free tix (mine included)

9. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Tonight Alive just isn't a draw. Silverstein should be bigger than they are.

Morgan and js977 like this.
  10. johnnyferris

Anaheim HOB, which is 2,300 cap, had the entire balcony area curtained off, but the floor level was jammed pack full. Tonight Alive, as great as I thought they were, simply didn’t draw that many people. The crowd was there for Silverstein and pretty much that.

11. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

cool that silverstein still draws.i definitely thought TA was a bigger draw in 2018.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah in my opinion this is just a bad package. I don't think I know anyone who likes both bands the same amount and the openers are god awful

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going Friday, but only because I got $5 tickets as part of a promotion. Going for Silverstein, but I'm just a casual fan.

14. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

silverstein usually has pretty good tour packages. first non-fest show i ever went to was in '09, I caught a silverstein headliner with ADTR as direct support, and ten second epic and i am committing a sin (paul marc's old band) opening. one of the most stacked multi-show lineups i've been to.

15. AllenA07

Hey guys, probably a weird question, but around what time has Silverstein been taking the stage? We have a leave early so we aren't going to see the full Silverstein set, I'm just trying to see about how much we can expect to catch.

Tonight Alive is the band we are really wanting to see anyway.

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I LOVED IACAM. After the DTW 10 Year Tour, I spotted Paul-Marc outside and mentioned I was a fan and had seen them open that tour. He was really happy to hear it (it was the only time they played the Chicago area) and said something to the effect of "i literally do not care when people ask me about Silverstein. I'm gonna text our old bassist that someone remembered us." haha.

17. Jerihoar

Regular

It was a weird package but I enjoyed all of it. Silverstein put on a great fun show! Tho the crowd was small so much energy and loud .They made a joke about finally not playing The Nile (smallish venue they always play) I wanna say Silverstein hit the stage at like 10?

18. johnnyferris

First tour package I saw Silverstein on was Scream It Like You Mean It 2010. That bill had them headlining over Emery, Dance Gavin Dance, fresh off their debut record We Came As Romans, Sky Eats Airplane and I Set My Friends On Fire.

Silverstein gave me my first The Chariot show so I’ll remember that tour. I loved when they were direct support for ABR on the Short Songs cycle. The DTW 10 was obviously a great overall show too

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I bring up this tour every time, but in 2008 they played with ADTR, TDWP and Protest the Hero

20. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

How have crowds been reacting to Picturesque? I've really gotten into them lately.

21. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

completely dead

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  22. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I feel like i'll fortunately be at one of the better dates knowing it will be a hometown show for Broadside.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Going tonight.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Fyi, for some reason Tonight Alive closed the show last night. I got there at 8:30 and Silverstein was already playing. Unfortunately I missed the first five songs of their set.

25. AllenA07

My sister saw them at the Albuquerque show and said that Tonight Alive closed the show. I had to leave by 10 because of child care issues, so I figured that we were going to see Tonight Alive and maybe one song by Silverstein. I was very surprised that we got to see their entire set. I like Tonight Alive and would have enjoyed seeing them, but I was pretty happy that we ended up with Silverstein instead.