Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein - Dead Reflection (July 14, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, May 18, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Based on what?

beachdude42 and truelovewaits like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

The new single sounds like shitty metalcore from 2009, I haven't heard vocals in this genre with that much noticeable auto tune in a hot minute

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Silverstein just don't disappoint. Not a HUGE fan of the bridge and chorus in this on the first listen but I know it's going to grow on me.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It's been a decade probably since Silverstein has released anything I've enjoyed.

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah this grew on me as well. Even though I'm not huge on these first two songs IAAIEIT was a grower as well

7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm not even sure how that's possible if you liked their music prior. They're about as consistent of a band as it gets.

teebs41 and Jake W like this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I feel like they're pretty inconsistent in terms of quality but very consistent in terms of sticking to their sound.

FTank likes this.
  9. airik625

I liked their debut okay. Really enjoyed their follow-up. But just haven't been able to get into anything since.

kyle likes this.
  10. airik625

Yes.

11. Larry David

Shipwreck in the Sand and This Is How The Wind Shifts didn't do anything for you?

teebs41 likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought the last one was their best, but it kinda replaced all the others for me. Same with TIHTWS when it came out. They really all sound the same, so I only need to listen to the best set of songs.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm like that with Discovering the Waterfront. I really like Short Songs and TIHTWS but I rarely feel the need to listen to them. Their last gave me a couple of songs I really like but overall was forgettable to me.

14. airik625

I forgot about SITS. I like that album. Still feels like it's been ten years since they came out.

15. Larry David

Close!

16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Really digging Lost Positives. Can't wait for this album to drop.

I like every song released so far. I'm wondering if they did anything to Ghost, or if it's gonna be the same from when they released way back when.

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i really love this song, especially the verses; some of shane's better lyrics too. this is shaping up to be a great release.

18. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

this band releases a good album, then releases a meh album. the last one was meh so let's gooo

js977 likes this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Listening to my advance of this now... I'm liking it a lot.

20. beachdude

Shane sounds great on this, probably his best vocal performance imo

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Comparable to previous realeases quality-wise? Better than TIHTWS?

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. Same here.

23. beachdude

I'd say it's one of their better albums. Probably not on the level of TIHTWS for me but I do really like it.

24. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

wish I had the connections to get an advanced copy! I have absolutely loved this band and everything they've put out since I first heard them my freshman year of high school back in 2006.

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't believe this is coming out in less than two weeks, I feel like there's been zero buzz for this album

beachdude42, truelovewaits and js977 like this.