Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein - Dead Reflection (July 14, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, May 18, 2017.

1. teebs41 May 18, 2017
    (Last edited: May 18, 2017)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

New Record from post hardcore vets Silverstein!

redwing91007 likes this.
  2. Jake Z

Regular

Cannot wait. The very best at the type of post hardcore they play. Shane has gotten better with each album vocally, and the concepts/new ideas they incorporate are always great.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea I'm wondering if this will be another concept album, he seems to love to write that way

4. solxace

oh word?

5. Jake Z

Regular

Interested in that too. I think they perfected the concept album with TIHTWS but I would definitely be down for another one. Also hope they mix in a few songs in the vein of Toronto (unabridged) and Late on 6th as well, to go with the heavy stuff.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Song is really good

Jake Z likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I get some slight Counterparts vibes from this and maybe some mid-era Senses Fail. Sounds fantastic to me and probably better than anything off the last album.

cubsml34, johnnyferris and solxace like this.
  9. solxace

oh word?

would love to know who produced the record

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

that chorus sounds awesome. lyrically solid too. anticipation is very high.

also with the exception of the last album these guys probably have one of the best album cover portfolios

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Welp, sounds like Silverstein to me. I don't think they'll ever top This Is How the Wind Shifts in my eyes.

monzz22 and tumbleweedterror like this.
  12. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Agreed, I usually enjoy the deeper cuts more though so I hope there's some good ones on this album.

smowashere likes this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think their albums roller coaster a bit and if that trend continues this should be a peak

cubsml34 likes this.
  14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This seems a bit different/heavy in terms of the guitar sound at least, but not too much different than normal Silverstein. Decent song.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Really liked Ghost when it dropped last year too, this album won't disappoint.

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hope I like it.

17. I haven't listened to these guys in years but this sounds good.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

New one is another quality Silverstein song. I'd echo those Counterpart sentiments from above which is a good thing. Didn't think we'd see an album this year, but I'm all for it!

solxace and Jake Z like this.
  19. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Hoping for more diversity than the last album. Would also like to know more about what kind of concept is going on here

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Agreed on the Counterparts comparison. First thing I thought of when listening to this song and I'm only a casual Counterparts fan haha.

Couldn't agree more. I'm a massive fan of the band, but it seems like every other album is their best material: DTW --> ASITS --> TIHTWS. The outlier is Short Songs, which I love and came right before TIHTWS, but it's a bit different of a release.

21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'd like some more melodic songs on this one. "Desert Nights" was one of my favorites from IAAIEIT, but I never really see it mentioned.

22. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the melodic songs are usually my favorites on their newer records. Into the new track, though.

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They've been consistently good, excited for this one.

teebs41 and Jake Z like this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think I'm one of the few Silverstein fans that absolutely loves Rescue.

YouOnlyLukeOnce and js977 like this.
  25. Jake Z

Regular

I think the last album had plenty of diversity, at least in terms of heavy and slow. The slower songs on the last record were great. Excited to listen to this shortly!