Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein Announce Anniversary Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Silverstein have announced a 15-year anniversary tour for When Broken Is Easily Fixed.

11/09 – Detroit, MI @ Majestic
    11/10 – Buffalo, NY @ Town Ballroom
    11/11 – Cleveland, OH @ House Of Blues
    11/12 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theatre
    11/14 – Clifton Park, NY @ Upstate
    11/15 – Worcester, MA @ Palladium
    11/16 – Brooklyn, NY @ Warsaw
    11/17 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Asbury Lanes
    11/18 – Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
    11/20 – Baltimore, MD @ Soundstage
    11/21 – Lynchburg, VA @ Phase 2
    11/23 – Orlando, FL @ The Beacham
    11/24 – Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
    11/25 – New Orleans, LA @ House Of Blues
    11/27 – Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall
    11/28 – San Antonio, TX @ Alamo City Music Hall
    11/29 – Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Bar N Grill
    11/30 – Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theatre
    12/01 – Phoenix, AZ @ The Marquee
    12/02 – Anaheim, CA @ House Of Blues
    12/04 – Los Angeles, CA @ Regent
    12/05 – Sacramento, CA @ Ace Of Spades
    12/07 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Depot
    12/08 – Denver, CO @ The Oriental Theater
    12/09 – Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre
    12/11 – Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
    12/12 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s
    12/13 – London, ON @ London Music Hall
    12/14 – Montreal, QC @ Le National
    12/15 – Toronto, ON @ Opera House

2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Color me stoked! Seeing them in Baltimore...

3. Dog Fish

Mutt

MY. HEART. BLEEDS. NO. MORE. - boom-da-boom-buh-du-bum

4. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Silverstein fan here since 05' and I can confidently say I'd rather see Dead Reflection front-to-back but I get it.

5. CSWAPPO

Regular

stoked to see As Cities Burn!

6. transrebel59

Regular

Those are some questionably large venues. Were they playing venues that size at their peak?

7. parkerxcore

Silverstein has always been able to sellout House of Blues with solid support. They just played Anaheim earlier this year with Tonight Alive.

Jared Luttrell and paythetab like this.
  8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Was the album that introduced me to them, although I recently listened to it and it doesn't hold up as well (for me) as others of the genre from that time, or their following albums. That said, at some point living in Toronto I should probably go to a (adoptive) hometown show of theirs.

Jared Luttrell and marceting like this.
  9. Saephon

Regular

Great lineup, I'm just so fucking sick of HOB Chicago. I've had to miss a lot of great shows out of principle for not supporting that venue, its overpriced fees, and asshole staff.

Maybe I'll drive to Cincinnati.

Essie likes this.
  10. Analog Drummer

Regular

I’m with you. I’ve loved them since then. But I can’t cop most of that album doesn’t hold up like Waterfront does. Just the seminal big staples they just play from it. Dead Relection is great

Penguin, paythetab and parkerxcore like this.
  11. marceting

Trusted

In

12. aniafc

Trusted

Yes. Also on the DTW tour, they hit venues this size and sold them out. Though this is a bit of a smaller album, the support should help out.

13. aniafc

Trusted

Also: seeing them open with "Smashed Into Pieces" is going to be INSANE

Larry David likes this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking about flying to LA or Anaheim for this since there is no NW date. For people on the area, do you expect either date to sell out and if so how fast? Haven't been to LA for a show except FYF fest a few years back.

15. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Will most likely be at the Clifton Park date

16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

So this means I'll need to wait until 2028 to see a 15-year anniversary of This Is How The Wind Shifts.

17. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I kinda agree, but they are playing TWO full sets, so lots of room for "Reflection"

Jared Luttrell likes this.
  18. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

The Regent in LA is an 1100 capacity room and HOB Anaheim is 2200. I'd say between the two, LA is more likely to sell out - I expect this tour to sell pretty well, but I really don't think BOTH shows sell out. Shouldn't have much trouble getting tickets to one of those - I saw The Early November/The Movielife at HOB Anaheim and there were maybe 400 people there.

19. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

A tour with Silverstein and Hawthorne together? Sign me the hell up

20. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I understand why they are doing this, but their newer stuff is so much better than this album.

Analog Drummer and parkerxcore like this.
  21. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Awesome that they're playing two sets. These dudes are so good live.

22. Jake Z

Regular

2 sets? I am def in then.

23. Bass0820

I’m gonna go ahead and turn this into a mini Silverstein discussion thread.

As a long time fan, I am very excited about seeing this album front-to-back. I think yes, some of the songs are a bit cheesy, but most of the songs are so emotionally raw, and that’s what I like so much about it. To see songs like Red Light Pledge and November live; songs they haven’t played in at least 10 years or so, will be a treat.

As for their newer stuff, I don’t care as much for it. I think they lost a lot when they kicked Neil out of the band as he brought a lot of metal-influence whereas Paul-Marc I feel brings a lot of hardcore-influence and that’s what a lot of their music sounds like now. I LOVED This Is How the Wind Shifts, but they kind of lost me after that. I’m gonna have to give Dead Reflection another chance though.

24. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Thanks a lot. Anaheim is the show that would work better for me anyways. I've only been the LA once so just trying to figure out which Airport to fly into and where to stay since I won't have a car. Otherwise I definitely would like to make the trip. How is the HOB as a venue?

25. parkerxcore

It's awesome it used to be in downtown Disney and is now at The Gardenwalk down the street. It's double the size of the last venue at 2200. I would fly into John Wayne airport and stay in Anaheim if you're here for the show.