Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein – “Bankrupt” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 15, 2021.

1. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The last album was terrific and should have gotten more play. I like this fine. But anyone who slept on the last record for really catchy post hardcore should check it out. My four year old daughter sings along to “Madness” every time it comes on.

Analog Drummer, morken and marceting like this.
  2. Kaduck

Regular

Like somebody else said, Dead Reflection is my favorite record of theirs. Been listening since the beginning, and am interested to see what else the guys come up with. I enjoyed the verses on this one, but don’t care for the chorus. Maybe it will grow on me.

3. Legocarpet

The low bending riff in the breakdown/bridge almost sounded like a sample of the main riff from BMTH’s “Wonderful Life”

fredwordsmith likes this.
  4. punchlinekid

this wind changed me..

Totally agree with you. That album is perfection.

ballroomtrance likes this.
  5. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

TIHTWS is by far my favorite of theirs too. I felt this was the band at their peak. I wish they would explore that sound some more. This is just eh for me.

Brodobaggins34 and BigMouth like this.
  6. efp722

Regular

Haven't listened to this guys in over 15 years but I'm always happy to see they are still doing what they love.

Orla likes this.
  7. AAstra

I dig the song. Silverstein still doing their thing and going strong.

As a band, does anyone know if they do well? I feel like their output is always well done, in this case the music video, so these guys are either making money or love to fund quality behind their art.

8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I think they are doing fairly well.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  9. cosmickid Apr 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2021)
    cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

on the topic of this is how the wind shifts, gonna be bold here and say that stand amid the roar might have my favourite riff from this genre of music

palebluedot, BigMouth and tenspeed like this.
  10. tenspeed

I think what's nuts is that Silverstein is good at executing pretty much anything they want. whether you like it I think varies.I think this is a great progression from ABPTD. not quite my sweet spot, but I'm gonna end up listening to it a bunch anyway.

It's great to see so much love for Dead Reflection. Of course TIHTWS is almost perfect, but damn, tell me in 2005 that I'd still be talking about Silverstein and I'd be like "the robot heart guys??"

paythetab and cosmickid like this.
  11. That riff never fails to incite some bedroom moshing

cosmickid and palebluedot like this.
  12. Uh I mean your original argument not only made no sense, but is also incredibly insulting and yet you're doubling down on it. I don't know why you're making this weird correlation being intelligence and music listening habits. You should also learn to take a joke as people were playfully roasting you or making memes out of your "I'm smarter than you" post.

Micool1 and anonimito like this.
  13. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Lol never change, absolutepunk.net

14. Why don't you reply with your main account?

15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I get the point he's trying to make, but "less musically adventurous" or something like that would have been a much better word choice than "less educated". It was a poor word choice.

palebluedot likes this.
  16. -deleted-

-

I click the did not enjoy button.

17. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

That song was awesome. I don’t know this band at all but was so pumped to check them out until everyone here saying this song is a complete departure for them. I’m still curious though.
    Oh and I have a PhD so on behalf of the educated, we love this track. I do understand the Octane XM reference, but hey sometimes that station is what you need to hear.

tyramail likes this.
  18. -deleted-

-

Ma, PHD guy said Silverstein a smart band.

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't say it's a complete departure at all. More like a natural progression of their sound.

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wind Shifts is easily my favorite. The last one was better than I thought it would be but it's just not memorable to me like Wind, Shipwreck, Waterfront are. Dead Reflection is good too, just not on their highest level for me.

I'm glad if they're doing well with whatever direction they go.

21. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

I think Silverstein is incapable of putting out a bad tune.