Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silverstein – “Bankrupt” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Silverstein have released a video for the new song “Bankrupt.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Rawrz

Regular

I like this more then most of what was on the last album

beachdude likes this.
  3. ballroomtrance

Regular

They lost me. I yearn for that confidence and originality of TIHTWS. This song just feels like ‘everything’ else bands of their caliber have been putting out. Sounds like a band desperate to connect to a younger, less educated audience.

4. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I actually really like the vibe of this song. Definitely one of the heavier things they've released, especially for a single. They're trying out different elements they've tinkered with in the past. Even if it sounds something similar we'd expect from someone like Underoath or Bring Me The Horizon, I'm all here for it.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What does "less educated" mean in this context? Not sure I'm seeing the correlation between education level and uh... someone's enjoyment of a post-hardcore song.

Song is great imo, I also hear some BMTH influence but it works well.

6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Less educated? Wat. I didn’t know education had anything to do with music taste. I guess my college degree isn’t enough to know that
    D4260721-0B30-4D2A-93AA-4D5B124C19D0.gif

7. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

This is dope. I don't even think it sounds like BMTH that much. It's a progression of ABPTD.

beachdude likes this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy 00's post-hardcore. I must be incredibly smart!

9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I think the most BMTH thing on this song is the "Bankrupt" intro that sounds like Teardrops

paythetab and beachdude like this.
  10. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I think the spoken word part of "Bankrupt" reminded me of BMTH's track, "Mantra" from Amo.

beachdude likes this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The chorus also kind of gives me some Sempiternal or That's The Spirit vibes... not too heavily but enough that I noticed it personally.

12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

02711A4F-5E76-4840-9FA1-634444EA862D.jpeg

13. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I actually hear that now. Also the guitar tones in the bridge do remind me of wonderful life on second listen. It's honestly not a huge deal though and I still enjoy the song.

paythetab likes this.
  14. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I really like this song and i like this band. I don't know that i'll ever really love what they put out, but in terms of bands that have exceeded my expectations in terms on longevity, creativity, and overall quality based on where they were in 2005, they are up there.

15. I like this direction for them and they haven't connected with me much since TIHTWS

Orla likes this.
  16. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

far from my favourite by them but i adore this band overall and their desire to keep doing new things makes it such a satisfying experience to be a fan.

Kaduck, CyberInferno and Chuck! like this.
  17. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I’m sure you understood his point - no need to be so offended and lash out at him for it. I wouldn’t have used the words “less educated” myself, but he’s implying that song has typical, predictable melodies, which seem to be used as a formula for many other songs you may hear from other bands that try to appeal to younger audiences. I personally like the song, but his perspective doesn’t seem terribly off-base from what the song is.

18. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

this fuuuucking RUUUUULES

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  19. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

In what way could any of what you quoted from beachdude be considered as being offended and/or lashing out at someone? It was a legitimate question. No wonder there's conflict in this world..

Micool1 likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is alright. Obviously, this is a more “accessible” sound and they want to appeal to a wider audience so I can’t hate on em for it. I dig a few songs off their last record too so I’m sure I’ll always find a little something in their newer stuff to enjoy.

Regardless, they peaked for me personally with Dead Reflection (minus Afterglow - I hate that song).

21. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

wait what makes this more accessible? it's heavier than a lot of the last record

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Between the electronic beats/glitches and the overall type of production - this sounds like a radio track for Octane XM. It's fine but it's still an aim for radio which makes sense for the guys.

ballroomtrance likes this.
  23. parkerxcore Apr 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2021)
    parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Video needed clear closeups at certain points it just looks distant and lacks depth. Song goes hard though!

24. ballroomtrance

Regular

yeah, can’t believe how hostile everyone is on here (the internet at large). I mean they’re catering to a much broader audience with this sound, IN MY OPINION. By less educated I mean people who listen to radio rock and not much else; formulaic, over produced, accessible. That’s all I meant. Not at all trying to insinuate anything about any demographic. This just doesn’t sound like a band with an identity. Sounds like something I’ve heard a thousand times. I don’t feel that way with most of their discography. TIHTWS, ASITS, even IAAIEIT wasn’t my favorite but it was them. This just isn’t that same band which is totally fine and it shouldn’t be! But it could be better for sure.

sowrongitsryan likes this.
  25. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Song is fine, but it's cool to hear Silverstein doing something so different for them.