Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silicon Valley TV Show • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The Roger Bannister analogy was perfect.

Surprisingly touching finale. That was about as good as I think it could be.

Ken likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Gilfoyle trusting Dinesh with the fate of the world and then them creating a company with each other is adorable

3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Finale was done pretty well, I have no complaints

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Was almost worried TJ Miller was actually going to show up but having Jian Yang steal his identity was perfect. Very satisfying finale, though.

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

That was a pretty good finale.

6. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Very satisfying conclusion.

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Big Head totally stole the final act

President Bighetti?
    Whoa! How did you know my name?
    I go to Stanford.
    Oh no way, I work at Stanford! I'm the president.
    Yeah I know. What are you doing here?
    Um, I don't know. I think cause Jian Yang died? I'm not sure.

chewbacca110, mad, Ken and 3 others like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Solid ending

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, honestly a lot better and more heartfelt than I expected. Really funny too, I have absolutely no problem with it

I was almost expecting Erlich to make an appearance when they kept mentioning him but then I remembered how messy his exit was and realized it was never happening. Not that I wanted it to

I really like how at the end, they finally got themselves into a situation they didn't luck out of, but they all still managed to have fulfilling lives without becoming billionaires. The "Always Blue" scene was a nice callback too

kidwithhelmet and Barresi like this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Very good finale. I could have done without the credits scene with the missing thumb drive, as they had literally nailed the perfect mix of a bummer finale and a positive one up until that point

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My only complaint is that they showed Richard throwing up every time he had to make a public appearance for like two seasons, and then he was perfectly fine being on stage for a major hour long presentation

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Probably because the failure of that presentation/launch was predetermined so he wasn't nervous or worried about "screwing it up" or making a mistake.

Ken and mescalineeyes like this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Did they say why Laurie is in prison?

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Nah, I took it as more of... "10 years in the future Laurie is in jail, makes sense!"

Ken and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

No but Arturo was super shady

Ken, GrantCloud, Anthony_ and 2 others like this.
  16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Er yeah but that’s kinda the point of his character growth. He’s had to grow into more a figurehead willing to speak publicly. The first scene of this season was him testifying in front of congress. And it’s not like he isn’t still really awkward about it

17. This season was all over the place, but they sure landed what was left of the plane with an unexpectedly satisfying finale

GrantCloud and mescalineeyes like this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm super pleased with the finale. I would never call this one of my all time favorite shows but it was a consistently funny show that I always looked forward to new seasons of, and I'll miss it

Dan Quinlan and imthesheriff like this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah if anything it at least was always funny.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah it's fascinating how much tech changed over the course of the series and it became a documentary

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Loved the finale. The always blue scene back at the house was great.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. From the interview posted above — looks like there should be some bonus footage up next week, if it’s not already up and I just missed it.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  24. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

wife was watching a video on youtube where they explained the different opening sequences per season. it sounded interesting

25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I really enjoyed the finale and this season as a whole.