Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silicon Valley TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Also, the doctor is fucking hilarious and Monica is drop dead gorgeous :hearteyes:

Ryan Garner likes this.
  2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The doctor is Andy Daly, he is always wonderful. His show Review is great, and he is must-listen on podcasts (CBB in particular)

3. fronkensteen

Trusted

Andy Daly was the funniest part of this last episode.

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I love Andy

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. I wish I could like this a million times.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Can't believe it took me this long to watch this show. All caught up sans one episode. This show is fucking hilarious. Like, right up the alley of my type of humor.

7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Lol the CGI for this server room seems so unnecessary

8. DeviantRogue

The George Washington start-up speech was fantastic.

9. DeviantRogue

Ahhh fuck, I was so down for Skunkworks too.

10. At some point you'd have to think something would go right for them

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It's so annoying that these people can never have one positive thing happen ever.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

all the chain jokes were amazing
    Chain the Virgin
    Pakistani Mr T
    that chain is insane in the membrane and not in a good way
    are you Django because you're unchained
    Bell Biv Dinesh that chain is poison
    do you choke your mother with that chain when you put your penis in her butthole?

mad and DeviantRogue like this.
  13. Nathan

Tobolowski is fantastic, especially with his sliding door. Intro green screen was unintentionally hilarious though.

I like the new dynamic for T.J. Miller's character, self assured and arrogant the first two seasons and then undercut and insecure at the beginning of this one. He was great in every moment he got today. Also loved Kumail's flip flopping on the chain. Might see Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates just for him. And the Ocean's Eleven heist tone as they fuck up and get extorted for $20,000.

Jason Tate and DeviantRogue like this.
  14. DeviantRogue

It does become rather tedious to see every thing the guys do get undercut at every turn.

Skunkworks was super promising too.

15. Nathan

That's the kind of show this is. I don't exactly remember the previous seasons' structure but a whole lot of shit goes wrong throughout the season, and then they finally notch a win and it means that much more because these guys fuck up so often. They're perpetual underdogs, fresh faced kids with a vision going up against a corporate environment that's looking to profit off their passion with little regard for their vision. That's the driving conflict of the show and watching Middleditch try to navigate that has been a joy.

I too was looking forward to the idea of Skunkworks, thinking it might be a seasonlong arc, but then they totally undercut it in the most stupid way and I love it. I really look forward to next week's episode. This season is putting this show up there with the best on TV right now.

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Holy fuck at Jared this episode. His Django joke and the mom joke killed me. And the shot of them all taking the shot was great.

But yeah my biggest complaint about this show is that nothing ever goes right for them. As soon as they got in the elevator I knew the plan was fucked. It's getting annoying.

17. DeviantRogue

Except richard is the most inept character of all time, he brings the fucking documents to shred to work??? Ugh, it kills off any good will I have for the guy.

You can still undercut the plan but that was an awful way to go about it.

18. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Hahaha idk I loved this ending this show is perfect

19. Nathan May 8, 2016
    (Last edited: May 8, 2016)
    Nathan

I really liked that he brought the papers to work because of something so dumb and innocuous as that he didn't have a paper shredder. He is clueless, has always been clueless, and just when he seems to figure out a clever, ballsy plan that subverts the business pros he's been out of his league with, something so simple that he didn't even consider it brings him down (literally). It's Coen-esque.

I get where those who are frustrated are coming from. But I have faith that the payoff will be great.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. Kyle is hk

It's kind of funny that the notion is that nothing has gone right from them when, if you look at the timeline from afar, they've gone from nothings in a living room to having powerful positions in a multimillion dollar company.

21. alex

notgonz Prestigious

I think people's frustration with it is more that it's becoming repetitive and predictable at this point.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  22. Kyle is hk

I understand that, I just think its a funny dynamic.

I've always seen this as a show about socially inept idiots that happen to also be really good at code. So constantly failing upwards makes sense to me.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. alex

notgonz Prestigious

god i wasn't talking to you hk

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This show is so fucking stressful to watch. Hilarious episode

This show also probably has the best music on TV

25. I wish they wouldn't have pitched us Jack as a smart and genius and good businessman for an episode or two and literally made him an idiot. I wish they actually made him what they said he was and why Richard was on board.

T.J. likes this.