Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Silicon Valley TV Show • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

[​IMG]

waking season, imthesheriff and Ken like this.
  2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

3. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

riotspray, imthesheriff and Ken like this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel Community went off the rails pretty early on and I eventually stopped even trying to watch and hope it got good again.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Bummer

6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I’m fine with it ending, but I’m starting to hate ending shows with “abbreviated seasons”. Just give them a regular-size season to end things right.

7. I don't get the community joke. Most of community was subpar.

waking season, Dinosaurs Dish and Ken like this.
  8. the rural juror

“Silicon Valley has been a career and life highlight for us. We'll miss it desperately, but we've always let Pied Piper's journey guide the way, and Season Six seems to be the fitting conclusion," said Judge and Berg in a statement. "We are forever indebted to our incredible cast, crew and partners at HBO. At a certain point, there’s only so much we can do to make the world a better place."

Solid joke

Brother Beck, mad and Ken like this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm fine with it. Ready for a new Mike Judge project at this point, anyways.

Ken likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, endings are good. Aren’t the seasons usually 8 episodes anyway? One less isn’t a big deal

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I’m fine with it ending, but what the hell is up with HBO sending out all its shows with truncated final seasons these days?

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s the creators, not HBO. HBO wanted to do more seasons of GoT

iCarly Rae Jepsen and irthesteve like this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The seasons so far have been 8, 10, 10, 10, and then 8, so it's kinda weird.

Edit: To be clear, I don't think it's a huge deal either way though.

14. Anthony_

Whatever the reason it’s bizarre that it keeps happening

Ken likes this.
  15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Bummer but it makes sense. I honestly thought last season’s finale could’ve been the series finale.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like it may be easier to tie an ending into a shorter season, like if you have 22 episodes to tie up a storyline it could get complicated

17. the rural juror

22 episodes is more in line with a network tv order, I don’t think anyone is suggesting that.

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It seems like a shorter season would be easier to do with a comedy versus something with dozens of crazy plotlines and hundreds of characters.....

19. Anthony_

Tell that to Veep lol. The final season was really good with just seven episodes but would have been even better with the full ten episodes it should have had.

20. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

It’s sad but such is life. I hope this season ends the series in a fulfilling way.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd rather they go out on top than drag it out. I'm cool with this.

22. Are they on top?

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Season 3 they went way too far up their own ass, and s4 was garbage, but 5 is acceptable and 6 is weirdly great and bizarre and probably the closest they got to s2, even with like half the main cast gone.

thesollopsist likes this.
  24. [​IMG]

Ken likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

ehh, I've enjoyed all the seasons. If you're being picky about semantics, fine. It's obviously not the "top" comedy out there, but it's one of the better ones.