Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sigur Rós Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

Show was incredible amd set two was Fucking bonkers. Sæglópur right before Ny Batteri too and closing with the last song from ( ). Holy shit

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

I was there too and it was super fun. They make a big noise for three people.

Kyle is hk and sophos34 like this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

First thing I said was "I forgot they're a trio now" and you could hardly tell that was the case throughout.

4. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

It was quite magical. The wall of sound they create is unreal.

The visuals were some of the most creative I've ever seen. The song name escapes me, but the one with the rotating red faces was so powerful.

sophos34 likes this.
  5. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think they played Vaka for that one

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

That was the second best light show I've ever seen, behind the 1975 who has yet to be topped in that department and probably never will be

smowashere likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Did Jonsi do the prolonged single note thing? Mindblowing stuff

George likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not sure if its the one you were talking about but he hit a note in ny batteri where i literally just started laughing because of how unreal it was

9. irthesteve

if it lasted like, two minutes straight, then yeah. Otherwise, it could be a number of amazing things he does with his voice. Honestly unreal

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah he did his thing during Festival and in those moments I could hear god whispering to me

smowashere, coleslawed and irthesteve like this.
  11. ship90

Trusted

I saw them for the first time last fall and wasn't sure what to expect... just reiterating what everyone's been sayin that it was mindblowing ha. Wish I could have gone to the Philly show last night, but driving to Philly during rush hour was not something I wanted to do. Hopefully they swing by again soon. Jonsi was mesmerizing.

12. Deathco_019

Drummer

I was driving east into Philly coming 20 minutes out of the KOP area and somehow got to the venue in under an hour. I was astonished by the lack of traffic until I got to Conshohocken, but by that point I was getting off the highway in about another two miles or so

ship90 likes this.
  13. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

have you seen radiohead live?

Larry David and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Just got Takk... on vinyl today, the packaging is beautiful.

coleslawed and Larry David like this.
  15. irthesteve

amorningofsleep and Aaron Mook like this.
  16. that headline just gets better and better, so ready for that

coleslawed and irthesteve like this.
  17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

18. irthesteve

19. jejune

I really hope they come back to Southeast Asia. In 2016 I was a broke college student and couldn't afford to fly overseas to see them.

20. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I can't believe no one cares we get new Sigur Ros. Buncha dummies. One of the few unique bands left.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Love this band but I don't really listen to them much anymore. Am all about new music when it comes though

sophos34 likes this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

none of the sigur ros stuff is “new”, mostly remixex/reimaginings. still might try to snag those, though.

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Spotify shows me a new album out tomorrow? Da fukk?

24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Is it maybe one of their record store day releases? I would lose my mind if they surprise released an album.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I see an 8-track 40 minute album called Route One and the titles are all coordinates, supposedly out tomorrow

waking season likes this.