Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sigur Rós Partner With Cannabis Company

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sigur Rós have teamed up with Lord Jones to offer branded cannabis edibles.

Sigur Rós and Lord Jones come together to bring you medicated gumdrops inspired by the flavors of foraged Icelandic berries~wild blackberries, strawberries and blueberries, infused with full-spectrum CBD derived from specially sourced organic hemp.

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Hemp derived CBD candy ≠ cannabis edibles. Not a fan of this marketing scheme at all because people do rely on cbd but those people probably aren't looking for sigur ros branded cbd either.

Mr. Serotonin and suicidesaints like this.
  3. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

This is really, really stupid to brand yourself. As a daily medicinal marijuana user(botched Nuss bar insertion pain), I hate the idea of pot becoming "corporate art" I guess. I give Snoop a pass. While the marketability continues to skyrocket, this is something I'd expect from Wiz Khalifa or Attila, but Sigur Ros?

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Preach my friend! "NOW AVAILABLE: CBD EDIBLES BY SIGUR ROS!" Customer::sly:

yeahrightdude likes this.
  5. Schooner

Trusted

• Aids with pain-relief, mood stabilization, relief from anxiety, menstrual pain, migraines and promotes a sense of well-being.
    • Full spectrum whole plant medicine for maximum pain relief and wellness.
    • Contains no THC, artificial colors or flavors.
    I don't smoke pot. But I know THC is the "high" ingredient. How does it do those effects without THC. please enlighten me someone. Ta

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, but there are other components that, while they might not get you high, can have an immense therapeutic effect.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Bingo. Started down the road from me in CO Springs! First growers of Charlotte's Web, now every place has it.

suicidesaints likes this.
  8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Love Charlotte's Web. Just got some a couple weeks ago. Great stuff!

9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

what the hell hahahaha

10. yeahrightdude Apr 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2017)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

The Stanleys are pretty bad too though

They changed the name of someone else's strain (c-4) and marketed it as an "exclusive" remedy to help children. Then they charge money for families to be put on a waiting list. Kids have died waiting to get treatment because they were told that no one else has Charlotte's Web when in reality there are thousands of people in the country with C-4 and are more than willing to give it away immediately for free. Heartbreaking greed.

11. They have other versions as well, I just linked to the CBD one:
    The band have also teamed with leading cannabis brand Lord Jones for a collaboration: limited-edition, 'Wild Sigurberry' medicated gumdrops. Inspired by the flavors of foraged Icelandic berries - wild blackberries, strawberries and blueberries - the collaborative 'Wild Sigurberry' gumdrops include a proprietary formulation of terpenes available in 5 dosage options: five, ten and twenty milligram THC infused, Lord Jones' signature 5:1 ratio CBD to THC formulation, and a pure CBD option.

The limited-edition offerings come as a box of nine pieces bearing a Sigur Rós crest created by London-based illustrator Andrew Rae. The THC infused varieties will be sold online through the Lord Jones website and at select dispensaries throughout California to qualified medical marijuana patients, while the pure CBD version is available for nationwide delivery exclusively through the Lord Jones website.

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I saw that shortly after I made the post. I initially thought it was Sigur Ros marketing these as cannabis edibles.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Just making sure! I wasn't very clear in my post, I didn't get the full press release until this morning and was a little confused myself.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. Schooner

Trusted

Thank you. Is that like how they use cannabis oil on young children who suffer horrible seizures. I'd assume no psychoactive ingredients in that

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, typically. Charlotte's Web (C-4), the strain(s) mentioned above are ones that were featured on some CNN specials as being used for seizures in children. That particular strain I believe was bred to be non-psychoactive and just have the therapeutic qualities desired.

That being said, THC (the psychoactive component) can also be used medicinally and should not be written off as just "the thing that gets you high"

Schooner likes this.