Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sigrid - Sucker Punch (March 8, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Dec 6, 2018.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Basic is the best pop song I’ve heard in a long long time.

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

"Basic" and "Business Dinners" are incredible

jorbjorb and waking season like this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This doesn't have a bad song on it, huh? "In Vain" might be my favorite.

4. think we are getting a Basic video tomorrow

Tyler and waking season like this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Business Dinners is so wild

jorbjorb and username like this.
  6. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

Her "Raw EP" she put out last year, and kept adding songs to, was one of my favorite releases last year. Surprised none of those songs made it on here, but also we heard a bunch of the songs on this prior to release so I'm not complaining!!

Basic is really great. This record is really great. She's really great. etc.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm on board with this. Very good.

8. dorfmac

Trusted

Almost two different albums for me. The first half is fantastic pop hits, and the second half is pretty forgettable. I’ll listen up through sight of you on repeat tho.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's going to be near impossible for anything to top this as my AOTY. Even my dearly beloved 1975.

irthesteve and jorbjorb like this.
  10. Gooddayz

always and forever

I've been playing this almost every day, it's fantastic! I was a bit worried at first nothing would top Sucker Punch, but after several listens I can easily say the rest is just as good.

11. Gooddayz

always and forever

This might be a bad comparison, but I feel like Sigrid did with her album what Maggie Rogers couldn't quite do with hers.

12. irthesteve

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This album is REALLY good. She has the kind of bold melodies a lot of pop artists shy away from lately for the sake of mood.

14. dorfmac

Trusted

I downloaded the Maggie Rogers album just because the album cover fitting the trend of great recent albums, and it didn’t hold up. Sigrid did a much better job on that front

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lukewarm take: Sigrid and Maggie are both incredible

coleslawed likes this.
  16. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally got around to listening to the whole album and I gotta say it's soooo good. Not a bad song on the album.

-Sucker Punch is fantastic opener to get your attention.
    -Mine Right Now and Basic are such a good duo. Simply amazing. One of these I feel will be SOTY for me
    -Who doesn't love Strangers?
    -Don't Feel Like Crying another banger
    -Level Up is a nice change of pace on the album.
    -The opening of Sight of You just reminds me of Don't Feel Like Crying pt. 2, but then you find out it is way more than that
    -In Vain another nice change of pace, so great
    -Don't Kill My Vibe had always been my fave song of hers before the album was released
    -Business Dinners is different in a good way
    -Never Mine is probably the one that stood out the least, but it isn't bad by any means
    -Dynamite is a great way to end it

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just bought this based on the hype in this thread for a long car journey tomorrow. Hope it lives up to what I have read above! (I liked the Maggie Rogers album, so I think that's what led to this impulse buy, ha!)

coleslawed, Gooddayz and irthesteve like this.
  18. irthesteve

you'll be happy :-)

19. Gooddayz

always and forever

Honestly one of my favorite albums of the year so far. I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to report back

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’m excited. Going to surprise my wife with it on the journey!

irthesteve and Gooddayz like this.
  21. irthesteve

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So... I LOVE THIS ALBUM! You were right @irthesteve, I was really happy. Kath loved it too and we pretty much jammed it every day on our holiday.

The overall vibe is infectious, I love her voice and really enjoyed the singable choruses. Everything is brilliant. Don't Kill My Vibe was an early favourite but I'm hooked on a lot of them.

The funny thing is that Kath had heard a lot of the singles on the radio so she was pleased with the surprise. What a great pop album. Hope that's a good enough report for you @Gooddayz!

Gooddayz, irthesteve and Ferrari333SP like this.
  23. irthesteve

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. Gooddayz

always and forever

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Soooo... I just bought tickets for my wife & I for her show in Manchester in November! Seriously the best pop album I've heard for a LONG time.