Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sicario 2: Soldado (June 29, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 15, 2017.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was fine. It definitely lacked Villeneuve’s direction and obviously Deakins cinematography. The script felt sloppy, which surprised me considering it was Sheridan.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Halfway through this I came to the conclusion that this film was really not necessary. Like others have mentioned, it lacks Villeneuve's touch, with a story that leaves many things unexplained. So many bizarre camera angles and scenes, with weird character decisions. When Brolin is in Benecio's apartment, he basically gets down to it right away, asking him to join the mission. No other dialog about anything else, anything to setup what they'll eventually do together, but instead right away is just like "I got a mission, it'll get dirty, no rules; let's go" and that was it. You could see how the gangster plot would circle back to the main characters from a mile away, but whatever. The movie started out with this cool plot point about the cartels and wanting to cause chaos between them, but then pretty much just abandoned that and then became just about the girl. Gahhhhh

3. dlemert

Trusted

Finally got around to this last night. Those first 15 minutes came across as such tasteless fearmongering and I was glad the plot didn't ultimately focus on that. Still, I was pretty bored with this. It really lacked a character with a strong moral center, since literally everyone in this series is a murderer at this point.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This was really cool

5. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Though obviously as has been previously mentioned it lacks the nuance and cinematography of the original.

I thought Isabela Merced was pretty good, should I watch the Dora the Explorer movie now?

Ferrari333SP and joe.boy.fresh. like this.