Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sicario 2: Soldado (June 29, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 15, 2017.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This movie may be great, certainly looks very good, but man that title is bad. Just call it Soldado!

aoftbsten and I Am Mick like this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think Sicario 2: Soldado was fucking awful, Sicario: Day Of Soldado is SLIGHTLY better but still garbage. But yeah, it should just be Soldado. I understand why it’s not. But still.

airik625 likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’ll just refer to this as Soldado

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

610AEF66-F52C-425A-9D55-57DDFB30E498.jpeg

5. Anthony_ Apr 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Still need to find whoever keeps coming up with new titles for this thing and make sure they never work in this town again, as the saying goes

airik625 likes this.
  6. Anthony_

I was just thinking the same thing, I agree. I'm just going to refer to this as Soldado myself because I'll enjoy the movie more that way.

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I mean...this movie looks fucking terrible.

8. Anthony_

It's just like, remember when it was literally "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi?" Like, the studio trusted the audience enough, before the "Episode [X]" was added, to know that Empire and Jedi were the sequels to Star Wars. Maybe the studio is right not to trust audiences anymore, who knows. Still think they should've just called it Soldado.

I loved the first movie and am really looking forward to this, like almost everyone is, so this annoys the hell out of me. I'm sorry I keep ranting about this lol

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

the posters/titles for this have all been awful, but the trailer looks great and I have faith in Sheridan (and I hear the directors previous work is great, but haven't seen any of it myself).

I'm still super excited for Soldado

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That poster is ridiculous haha

11. dlemert

Trusted

Looks like a fan made poster. It also provides more confirmation that they're really leaning into the whole violence-is-good-and-rules-are-not aspect that was, you know, totally contradictory to the themes of the first movie.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It’s supposed to be the official poster, but yeah I completely agree about the latter half of your post.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think and hope that the marketing and the movie will be two very different things.

14. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The first one is unreal and this movie has almost zero chance of living up to it haha

Brent likes this.
  15. Anthony_

Considering the same person wrote this one as wrote the first, I think it's safe to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to not misunderstanding the themes of the first one. Sicario was marketed in a totally inaccurate-to-the-final-product manner as well.

I Am Mick likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That poster makes this look like a shitty "made for USA Network" movie or something.

Brent likes this.
  17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Taylor Sheridan’s first three screenplays are very strong. I don’t like the marketing for this movie, but the early reviews are pretty positive...

airik625 likes this.
  18. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I also find it a little strange that this is getting “trilogy” talk, seeing as Sheridan viewed Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River as his thematic trilogy while conceiving them. But then again, his newest script (Yellowstone) seems to be taking a lot of the same elements (and actors) for a 10-hour television ride.

19. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

truth be told ten years ago i wouldn’t have thought the shitty cop in sons of anarchy would be one of my favorite screenwriters

swboyd likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

In Sheridan I trust. I’m glad he’s seemingly proving people who doubted this movie wrong, if he has an idea for a third then right on.

21. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve only seen Taylor in little cameo roles (Hell or High Water and that horse soldiers movie last year)

22. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The rumors also have Emily Blunt returning

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Do not base critical opinion on a movie on premiere reviews.

Serh likes this.
  24. farva2

Regular

The only reason I’m interested in this is because Sheridan. Dudes batting 100 so far

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious