Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shura - Nothings Real (July 8, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 18, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yoooo this album is fucking awesome. This has so many shades of Robyn that it makes waiting for her new album bearable for now

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I think What's It Gonna Be? is my favorite on here.

Joel likes this.
  3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Mine too!

4. algae

Regular Prestigious

lightning13 likes this.
  5. irthesteve

The final two tracks of this kind of take me out of the album, they feel... offputting? I enjoy them enough, but both tracks have multiple parts with blank space between, making it feel like a bunch of bonus tracks at the end.

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"the space tapes" is a bonus track

7. irthesteve

that explains it. I haven't seen it listed that way before, where have you seen editions and bonus track listings?

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

it appears that "the space tapes," on the itunes store at least, is listed as "album only" so it only comes with a purchase of the full album. i guess that counts? idk i dont really see anything official either

edit: here is a cd listing where its not included at all Nothing's Real : CD | HMV Store

9. irthesteve

good intel, thanks

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy this more every time I listen. It plays a lot better without The Space Tapes too, which I've cut on every listen except my first two. Opening stretch of tracks is down right amazing.

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

She's playing here with M83 in October! Doesn't look like it's a whole tour, at least I can't find any information beyond the Toronto announcement. I would totally go if October wasn't absolutely packed with shows in the city already.

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not sure what's up with the m83 tour. I think Chairlift opened in Boston a week or two back.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like just this show was added. Probably wasn't announced because the Ontario fest he played two weeks ago. I hope she opens more of the dates. Could be big for her.

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.
  16. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Revisiting some records from this year that I never really got much of an opportunity to hear when they were initially released. This one is an absolute stunner. As someone above mentioned, the first half in particular is just (should be) hit after hit. Beautiful record.

17. Inna Selez

Regular

Oh guys did you hear that track? I haven't words to describe how cool is it.

18. irthesteve

I like it!

19. SilverScreen

Nihil Nihil

I'm really digging this album at the moment. It's not reinventing the wheel or anything, it's just one solid pop song after another. There's not one song on the album that I don't enjoy.

20. irthesteve

21. Inna Selez

Regular

22. irthesteve

No idea what this is or where it's from, hah! Definitely seems like a lost interlude or something, it's cool though

23. Inna Selez

Regular

Hah I'm too lazy to day to dig info by myself. I`ll wait her interview or reviews.

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

looks like the last track of vinyl special edition

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Seeing her live tonight before M83!