Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shows/Concerts with Parents

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Aug 11, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I'm seeing Deftones tomorrow and my mom wants to come, so it'll be just me and her on the lawn. Does anyone do this?

2. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

I have a few friends that go to shows with their parents. Now the question is, is your mom a fan of the band?

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've been to concerts with my dad for people like Neil Young and Elvis Costello that he got me into

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I don't know. she probably just likes Changes because she hears it on the radio.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i saw the xx with my dad

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've gone to a few shows with my parents, but since our tastes don't align much and I'm old enough to go without them, it doesn't happen much anymore.

7. timcsheehan

Regular

my dad took me to a ton when i was younger. now every time i see a parent who is clearly only there bringing their younger kid, i always stop and thank them on their kids behalf. because i didn't thank my dad enough for taking me and it means the world to me now that he did.

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

I almost saw Stephen Brodsky in a small bar w/ my mom when I was like 14/15 but nah

9. Inna Selez

Regular

I think it is great when parents share kid`s music taste, it is making people closer. Go and have fun with your mom!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Jams

Trusted

I go to shows with my mom a lot! We've seen The Gaslight Anthem together a few times, Brian Fallon solo, Bruce Springsteen, John Fogerty a few times, next week we are seeing Paul McCartney, etc. She took me to concerts when I was a kid a bunch, too. We always have a ton of fun, but I'm super close with my mom and she loves music as much as me. It's become a tradition for me to buy her tickets to a big show for a combined birthday/mother's day gift and she loves it.

11. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I saw Marilyn Manson with my stepdad before he was my stepdad back in high school, and we both had a really good time. I have plans to see Elton John with my father and stepmother soon as he comes back around, too. I think it can be a great bonding experience, like going to the movies together.