Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sherwood - Some Things Never Leave You (June 17, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 25, 2016.

1. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This is a nice return for them. I think only three members actually made this album. I'm interested to see if they're going to stick around or tour on this (outside of the west coast dates).

2. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Three songs in and really enjoying this so far.

3. Gooddayz

always and forever

Man Little Bit Better has some nice QU vibes

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yes so glad I can finally listen to this. Always a great band to listen to in the summer.

5. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I'll definitely be playing this all summer. "Bottle It Up" in particular is such a fun song.

KidLightning likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Finally got the chance to sit down with this today and I really enjoyed it. Not their best work, but still a good pop-rock album. This will definitely get lots of play this summer and seems like a great album to relax to.

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I finally stopped listening to thrice long enough to give this the attention it deserves. I agree that it's not their best, but there are some gems on here and I'm honestly glad to hear them making music again. The Unknown is one of the best things they've written.

KidLightning likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Had high hopes for this, but it lacked the magic of their last one for me.

9. bodkins

Trusted

Excited for this one. Can't wait for my vinyl to come in!

10. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Have these guys always had a Christian bent to their music? I've never noticed it on any of their past stuff but I kinda feel like a couple songs on this album come on pretty strong with it (coupled with the fact that the album is coming out via Bad Christian).

11. I think they've always been associated with scene a little bit. Or at least I assumed they were since I saw them at Cornerstone Festival once.

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah they've always been tangentially involved, never preachy or anything though

13. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Yeah if you listen to Nate's podcast, he talks a lot about his fundamentalist upbringing and how that influenced his songwriting.

14. JRShoenberger

Trusted

The one guy had a side project of reimagining old hymns. That's pretty Christian.

15. bodkins

Trusted

Yea, Pacific Gold, used to be called Wayfarer. New album was one of my favorites from last year.

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I was so pumped today thinking it came out, but it doesn't come out till next Friday. Bummer

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

holy shit. this album comes out soon. can't wait. fuck.

bodkins likes this.
  18. New Year's Eve is a nice little song.

bodkins likes this.
  19. bodkins

Trusted

Listened once through last night and I'm having my second listen now. When I was listening to track one I had an initial tinge of disappointment. I feel like it's been so long since I put on a Sherwood record I wasn't even sure what to expect. That said, by the end I was really enjoying the record. Standouts on the first listen for me are: "Little Bit Better", "Bottle It Up", "The First", "The Unknown".

Also the blue/white variant is pretty awesome, love the vinyl packaging.

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

damn this is grown on me now.

21. bodkins

Trusted

I was just talking with my bud @alexmelton about this same thing last night. Listening right now, so good.

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yeah man. I've come to notice that I listen to things super critically on the first listen. I honestly wasn't impressed when I first heard it but now that I revisited it I've been listening to it none stop. The song writing is great.

bodkins likes this.
  23. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I think "The First" is the only song that hasn't grown on me at this point.

24. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah after receiving my CD in the mail that latter half has really grown on me a lot. That piano melody in the ending of Old Ways is great.

25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

This has been growing on me over the last week or so. I definitely get more JEW vibes to it instead of Sherwood vibes, though.

The change in tone and sound has taken me time to get used to, but I like it.