Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sherlock (BBC) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. beachdude Jan 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2017)
    beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I saw Jimmy Savile mentioned in almost every review of this episode, and it definitely seems that was at least partially what they were going for.

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Definitely Jimmy Savile. If you're from the UK or know about the situation it was obvious.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. ahabian

there isn't a proper word for the setting sun.

I read Alan Sugar as well.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Interesting, never heard of him before. Just read his wiki, super fucked up. The entire time I watched I just assumed it was Trump.

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

It was not even subtle how close it was to Savile. Free run of the hospital, favourite room was the morgue etc

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Really? Where? Seemed nothing like him to me. Plus The Apprentice is on BBC and he's alive - that would be a poor move on the BBC's part. I've not seen any Sugar comparisons.

7. ahabian

Can't remember, but literally just because of his role on The Apprentice. It was before I saw the episode, and it seemed quite apt.

8. Just catching up on this. First episode was ok. It's always weird when Sherlock turns into Jason Bourne. Second episode was fantastic. Can't wait for the finale!

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm kind of surprised to hear so much about how this season is almost definitely going to be the last even though Cumberbatch has confirmed he's already signed on for a 5th season. Obviously it's going to be a while before they can get their schedules together, but I'd be surprised if Sunday is the last episode.

10. ahabian

Did he really?

Edit: Found it. Curious, I'd missed that.

11. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Episode 2 of Season 4 was fantastic. Excited for the Finale tomorrow night!

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Apparently episode 3 has leaked already. Just a heads up there might be spoilers around

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Heads up to everyone:

Looks like this starts earlier tonight than usual. 6 Cst for me.

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Hmm I don't see it at my usual source but thanks for the heads up!

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Watched the episode in the UK. My wife had to leave the room as it was too traumatic.

Overall I found the episode to be extremely disappointing. This series moved too far from what made it so good in the first place.

Looking forward to everyone else's perspective.

the final video from Mary was good but 90 seconds can't redeem that...

16. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

This was a weird episode and underwhelming, a little too predictable unfortunately. Acting was top notch as always though

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  17. StevenW92

Regular

It was weird, but I loved it. A great conclusion if that's what it turns out to be.

18. Colby Searcy

Fuck that clown

coleslawed and atticusfinch like this.
  19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Oh man, I loved it. If that's the end of the series, I'm happy with it. Man!

“The reason we [ended with] Rathbone Place is that, actually, if we do come back – and we would love to come back – we could absolutely very easily start with a knock at the door and Sherlock saying to John 'Do you want to come out and play?'. They have become the two heroes that we always knew them to be."

Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat reveal where Sherlock could go in series 5

atticusfinch and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Yeah this episode was great. Thought it ended perfectly. Only disappointment I feel with this season is how Moriarty's return played out and ending up being lame imo

21. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Holy fuck what a finale. Had no idea what was going to happen. Didn't at all expect a horror element to dominate the storyline from start to finish either.

And yes, GTFO clowns. Jesus. Nightmare fuel, those first five minutes.

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Great finale to a (mostly) great couple of episodes. Disappointments with episode 1 aside, 2 and 3 were amazing and felt like a satisfactory conclusion to the show. Naturally, I would love for them to find a way to come back at some point, but I am 100% fine with how things were left here.

Thanks to Gatiss, Moffat, Cumberbatch, Freeman, and everyone else involved with the show for such great entertainment.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That episode creeped me out more than maybe anything I've seen this year, crazy shit. Solid finale

atticusfinch likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It was different, but I thought that was a fantastic episode. Especially with all the talk of this maybe ending, I was really wondering if they would kill someone off.

My biggest complaints (and I think they're actually pretty major and telling of some of the shortcomings of this show unless I'm missing something)

1) Episode 2 ending with Euros shooting at Watson, and this opening with him casually "yeah she shot me" with no explanation/clarification.

2) The bomb at Baker Street, leaping out of a second story window from a giant explosion and everybody is fine. From these first two complaints, it's easy to say Sherlock/Watson/Mycroft (and Mrs. Hudson) are literally superheroes and should probably fight The Avengers/the Furious 7.

3) Watson is chained in the well where he's being drowned, but saved by just a rope.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. StevenW92

Regular

1. Watson confirmed this episode it was a tranquilliser he was shot with.
    2 and particularly 3 are not so easy to explain.