Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

She & Him - Christmas Party (October 28, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Sep 15, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The band's fifth album overall, and second Christmas album, is out in October

[​IMG]

1. All I Want for Christmas Is You
    2. Let It Snow
    3. Must Be Santa
    4. Happy Holiday
    5. Mele Kalikimaka
    6. Christmas Memories
    7. Run Run Rudolph
    8. Winter Wonderland
    9. The Coldest Night of the Year
    10. A Marshmallow World
    11. The Man with the Bag
    12. Christmas Don't Be Late

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

hah what

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Marshmallow World is perfect for them, excited for All I Want For Christmas too

4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I know I don't have to listen to it after Thanksgiving, but before Halloweeen is too early for a Christmas album to come out.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. no "Baby It's Cold Outside (featuring Will Ferrell)"?????? fail

6. irthesteve

We talked about it in another xmas thread, but you have to release them early if you want any shot in traditional (Target, WM) retail when it comes to the holidays. Look back at other holiday albums that went into retail, it's all late Oct/early Nov. Think about how early you start to see Xmas decorations i retail stores, extremely early, if you want to have your CD sitting right there in the Christmas section, it has to be out early enough

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I feel like Christmas albums are so insanely suited to their whole aesthetic that I can't even bat an eye that they make up 40% of the band's catalog now.

8. milogoestoprison

I don't listen to their other music, but A Very She & Him Christmas has become essential holiday jams. I don't know if i'm more excited for this or Kacey Musgraves' Christmas album.

9. irthesteve

I gotta be the grinch that says I'm a bit tired of the old classic Christmas songs at this point, I really like the originals though so I'm excited for that on this (I think there are a few?) and Kacey's

10. milogoestoprison

There are originals on Kacey's, but I believe these are all covers. The ones I wasn't familiar with by title were Must Be Santa, Christmas Memories, and the Coldest Night of Winter. I looked them up and there at least exists songs by these names, two of which I'm familiar with when I listened to them (Must Be Santa by Mitch Miller and Christmas Memories sung by Frank Sinatra). Coldest Night of Winter is the name of a Bruce Cockburn song, but I'm not sure if that's whats on this album. Either way, these are at least more obscure songs to cover.

irthesteve likes this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Their first christmas album is a staple for me every December, will be picking this up for sure.

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. irthesteve

This has had me go back to Volume Three today, it's honestly a really great album.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"I Could Have Been Your Girl" has blossomed into an all-time favorite of mine

14. irthesteve

Never Wanted Your Love is high up for me

George likes this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

new She & Him is always a good thing.

16. irthesteve

this is out there if you listen to Xmas music in October

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Their awkward poses on the album cover bother me.

That is all.

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'll wait until a week or two before xmas.

19. irthesteve

Same here, at least til December

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Couldn't help myself from checking this out. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" is my favorite x-mas song, and this is now my favorite version of it! Thank you based zooey

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. irthesteve

oh my god this video

23. irthesteve

24. irthesteve

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Aw man that's going to be awesome. I would love to be able to go to that. A Very She & Him Christmas is my favorite Christmas album.