Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shazam! (David F. Sandberg; April 5, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jul 16, 2018.

1. tvck

Trusted

Also, very clever of DC to add Mr. Mind in the post credits. Let's fuck up the continuity!

2. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

This was ok. Didnt dislike it, but would never need to see it again. Thought it would have more humor

3. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

More humor? I mean it had some light dramatic elements, but it was damn near a straight up comedy.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I honestly don’t know how the movie could have possibly had *more* humor

5. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

This was a lot of fun! I felt like the 2 hour 15 minute runtime flew by. I think they nailed the 80's Zemeckis/Spielberg tone. All I wanted was a solid, entertaining DC movie and it happened!

stayillogical and BackyardHero11 like this.
  6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yes! it felt so much like an Amblin film. I really enjoyed this a lot, which I honestly wasn't expecting to since I'm not a huge fan of the character. super fun, lot of heart. just a good time at the movies. I audibly cheered in my theatre when adam brody showed up haha. finally got to be in a DC movie!

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. drewinseries

Drew

The villain speech in the air with Shazam being too far away to hear is gold.

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

10. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This made me very, very happy.

Can't wait to see it again.

11. Took me too long to realize why John Glover looked familiar. Lex's dad in Smallville! ... Did he just get typecast?

I may be biased, but I enjoyed Eugene's character way too much. hadouken had me dying.

drewinseries likes this.
  12. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

All of the kids were great. Even the foster parents were lovable. I wish every parent in the foster system was as loving, patient, and understanding as those two.

michael_gatto likes this.
  13. A few years ago I would've probably said something like, a superhero movie is only as good as its villain, but Shazam and Captain Marvel are proving me wrong. Terrible villains, terribly good time.

14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I could watch a whole 2 hour movie of just Billy and Freddy fucking around with the powers. That whole sequence the first night Billy becomes Shazam was just so much fun.

Dodger, BackyardHero11 and Anthony_ like this.
  15. tvck

Trusted

Almost feels like they did that on purpose.

16. I'm happy to report that this film made teenage Anna's dreams come true by putting Zachary Levi and Adam Brody onscreen at the same time, three cheers for the lanky brunette men who have ruined my life for over a decade now

(also apart from some fascinatingly strange music supervision choices, I loved this movie and I really hope DC takes the hint)

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

went and saw this again last night because my friend wanted to go, loved it again haha.

he and I are both big fans of The OC, especially Seth Cohen haha. and I was so excited for him to witness that surprise in the 3rd act and in an early scene he turns to me and goes "man Freddy is like a young Seth Cohen!" and I bit my tongue thinking, this is perfect haha, he freaked when Adam Brody showed up.

18. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Both Freddys were the best casting choices in a movie that had a lot of great ones. More Adam Brody in the sequel please.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

[​IMG]

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Hot take. This is the best DC movie. Better than Wonder Woman which fell flat in the last act.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. currytheword

Trusted

My favorite part. I loved this last night and went in apprehensive. Would put it second behind Wonder Woman for DC films not including the CN Batman series.

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It has the Kojima stamp of approval

Cameron, RyanPm40 and DeathOrGlory like this.
  24. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I shouldn't have read the replies to Kojima's tweet though :/ Fuckin' gamers..

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I saw this today and it was delightful. First time I cared in a DC movie since Nolan’s trilogy finished.

stayillogical likes this.