Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shazam! (David F. Sandberg; April 5, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Looks great especially in comparison to that awful Aquaman trailer.

justin. and Dog with a Blog like this.
  2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

same. seems like he’s getting his own movie

Kingjohn_654 and Cameron like this.
  3. GBlades

Trusted

Was waiting for Dwayne Johnson to turn up as Black Adam throughout the whole trailer then was disappointed to remember they said he won't be in this movie.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That just seems so strange considering he was tweeting about it like 3 years ago.

5. GBlades

Trusted

I'm sure I read that he would be in the sequel, must have made the decision to split it after he was casted. Always thought The Rock would make a good Hercules for the MCU.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm skeptical that we'll ever get a standalone Black Adam film separate from Shazam. That's probably hypocritical of me to say as the sole advocate of every project Sony has brewing (let's get to work on Silver & Black, y'all), but with all the projects DC/WB has cooking... including this Shazam film and eventually another Superman film... I dunno.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its difficult for me to believe it would fail

Dwayne Johnson Just Became the Highest Paid Actor in History

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

I'd happily watch any movie with Dwayne Johnson in it. Hell, put in Kevin Hart and it's guaranteed to make money.

10. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Same.

11. I want this nowwwwwww.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08...er-explains-why-dwayne-johnson-isnt-in-shazam

"So as we were developing an actual Black Adam and Shazam movie," says Garcia, "we were just realizing that both characters are so special that we didn’t want to compromise either of them by cramming them both into the same movie. So that’s why we made the decision to let Shazam have his own standalone movie and kind of launch him properly, and then we’ll do the same for Black Adam. And so that kind of really freed things up. It allowed us to develop the right version of both.”

“So where we are now with Black Adam is we just got our latest script. We’re doing some revisions on it. We’re extremely excited about it, the studio’s very excited about it. And I’m telling you man, as a comic book fan, when this thing comes out, it is going to be amazing.This is the fanboy in me talking to you, it’s going to deliver on the goods of everything you’d want to see Black Adam do, he’s going to be doing in this film.”

coleslawed likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I can dig that approach

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

15. I have such a good feeling about this one.

jkauf and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah this looks like so much fun

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

First I've been excited for a DC film in a long time, and I don't even know much about him outside of a couple cameos in the old 90s DC cartoons

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

19. Tim

This will rule. Honestly has a fair chance of being my favorite 2019 comic book film, though this is a year with a lot of high-ceiling, low-floor comic book movies imo. This is the only one where I'm 100% sure (ok, fine, 99.9% sure) I'll walk out of the theater with a smile on my face.

20. Loved that trailer. Really hyped for this one now.

21. When I was a kid I liked Captain Marvel better than Superman, so I hope this is way better than the recent Superman movies.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

spoiler for an end bit/post credit:

According to sources close to We Got This Covered, the Man of Steel’s appearance comes at the end of Billy Batson’s new film as part of the payoff to a running joke. Throughout the movie, it’s said that Billy’s friend and foster brother Freddy Freeman has been asking Billy to show up at his school in the Shazam persona in order to prove to all of Freddy’s classmates that he knows the hero. In the final scene, Shazam finally makes an appearance, before saying that he brought another friend with him. At this point, Superman walks into the room, but since Cavill isn’t looking ready to return anytime soon, the film will allegedly use a body double that doesn’t show Clark Kent’s face.

23. Tim

I'd rather not have Superman, over that choice. Wait 'til you can do it right, y'know?

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla, Joe and Jason Tate like this.