Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sharptooth - Transitional Forms (July 10, 2020)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 14, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The super casual lip sync with the harsh vocals is pretty entertaining. Good stuff.

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]
    1. Say Nothing (In The Absence Of Content)
    2. Mean Brain
    3. Life On The Razor’s Edge
    4. Hirudinea
    5. The Gray
    6. Evolution
    7. 153
    8. The Southern Strategy
    9. M.P.D.B (Manic Pixie Dream Bitch)
    10. Nevertheless (She Persisted)

5. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Pre-ordering when I get paid. Love the single.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been waiting for this. Really stoked.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This is out now.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

This is really good.

9. This rips

333 GANG likes this.
  10. henryviolence

loving this record. somehow had never heard of em until last night and I’m completely blown away.

333 GANG likes this.
  11. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Album is so good

333 GANG likes this.
  12. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

333 GANG likes this.
  13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I straight up forgot this band existed

14. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  15. Can’t wait

16. well fuck

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Yeah just read that

19. Still overall a bummer - i do find it weird that Lauren left the band and there was never an announcement of that but oh well

20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I am a bit confused since she says the environment of the band was damaging and violated her values but she does also seem to have only good things to say about the band members and she's grateful for all of them. I suppose maybe just one of those "artistic differences" things?

Seems like they should have made an announcement before doing the photo stuff. But as long as Lauren seems to still support the band I don't see any reason to not check out the new music and support the new vocalist.

Lauren did seem to dislike being replaced by (what appears to be) a femme presenting singer but I think replacing her with a male vocalist would be weirder especially without changing the band name (which also seems a bit odd if they are going to scrap their back catalog). But the amount of people fans they have on spotify/social media it might be too much to lose to start over completely so I do sorta get that too.

Since the mentioned "a new direction" I could see a genre change about to occur. Maybe move away from harsh vocals?

21. I get both sides - I don’t like how Lauren seemed to imply that the new singer is being tokenized tho - that doesn’t seem fair at all

22. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Yeah like the new singer getting the opportunity not based on their merits as an artist but because they previous singer was female. If I was the new singer I wouldn't know how to take that as anything but an insult to my agency.

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

I didn't get the feeling that she was saying the new singer is being tokenized, just how she feels about her own place in the state of the music scene. Which I don't think is an unfair observation to feel. I dunno.

But the whole situation in general is unfortunate.

Drew Beringer likes this.

24. definitely more raw vocal delivery - reminds me of Mortality Rate a bit

333 GANG likes this.
    333 GANG likes this.