Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sharp Objects (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 22, 2018.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This is why I'm waiting to start it, ha.

GrantCloud, OotyPa and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I can’t wait to see you non-book readers speculate more.

It’s get more fucked.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s strange, but for some reason I don’t really have any theories yet. Just letting it wash over me.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I couldn't come up with a theory even if I wanted to

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Neither could I. I’m sure they’ll come in another couple episodes though.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, this episode really got intense at the end.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Currently suspicious of juuuust about everyone. Her parents and sister, the sheriff, the cheerleader, etc.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It was so weird hearing The Doors in addition to the Led Zeppelin who I just always assumed were the only 60s band played in Wind Gap

chewbacca110 likes this.
  9. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Haha. I think the show is doing a really good job of casting suspicion on everyone. When I read the book, I had it narrowed down better. I think I would feel like you if I hadn't.

chewbacca110 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  10. marissalg

Trusted

I got my tonsils out so I finally have time to watch this show and I borrowed the book from my roommate. The book was really great and the show lines up with it well.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still get so many Borrasca vibes and it’s making me super paranoid about where we’re going. I do not trust the fact that there are so many redheads in this town at ALL.

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Really enjoying this, thes how's really been building nicely over the last couple episodes

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the shopping/dressing room scene was devastating
    the Calhoun Day stuff was wild
    I guess Ashley owns clothes other than her cheerleading outfit

14. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

i was gonna scream if i saw that dude in the confederate flag sleeveless shirt in the background one more time

Slangster likes this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The dressing room scene was so sad.

16. radiodead

Trusted

Read the book forever ago. Don’t remember much besides how it ends. Love the show so far.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

In through the first three episodes with my wife and we are both struggling to want to continue. Does the 4th episode start picking up at all?

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It depends, what are your issues with it?

19. airik625

It just feels really slow and dragging quite a bit. Also, the last scene of the third episode was pretty disturbing. The self-mutilation arc is tough to get through.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

If the disturbing aspects of the show bug you enough to be put off, then I don't recommend continuing because it's a dark, violent show.

It is a slow burn kind of drama/mystery, but I think it's worth it because I enjoy movies/shows like that and I think the characters, location, tone, etc... all contribute to an interesting piece of work.

21. airik625

It doesn’t bug me enough to be put off, but the rest of the show just isn’t doing enough for me to offset some of the other stuff. There’s been two murders, but they haven’t seemed to spend a lot of time covering them. I’m starting to realize that the murders aren’t the most important part of the story.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree that the murder and finding out who did them isn't the point of this show which, for the most part, I love in other movies and shows.

I could understand that being annoying or frustrating though.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Bingo. There's a LARGE part of the story that the show hasn't touched on yet (granted I haven't the latest episode yet).

marissalg likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The self-harm angle does not let up in any way, so if that is a major problem for you you may not want to continue. There has been less disturbing imagery overall I would say in the last few episodes.

25. marissalg

Trusted

If I hadn’t read the book, I would definitely think it’s just a slow show and wonder about the murders.

Jusscali, airik625 and chewbacca110 like this.