Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sharp Objects (HBO) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 22, 2018.

1. OotyPa

fall away

Want to check this out but I think I’ll wait till more episodes are out

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Watching this show gives me so much anxiety.

imthesheriff and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Absolutely. I’m loving it.

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I started this book yesterday and whipped through 136 pages. Most I've read in one sitting in quite some time. I cannot wait to finish it and start this series.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Reminder that this thread is for the show and if you read the book, please use spoiler tags AND clarify that they're book spoilers :)

6. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

gillian flynn is amazing, also check out dark places

7. alim

i would have been a lawyer

absolutely loving this. Glad that they had Amy Adams as Camille - don't think anyone could have done a better job than her. Smart to have Gillian Flynn screenwriting this. Authors of their own books should always be involved in some part in writing their screen adaptations.

Slangster likes this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Second episode much better.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

Finished the book in the past 2 days. Highly recommended to anyone who is into thrillers.

Watched the first episode last night and it sets the tone for what's to come. Loving the addition of Camille's past being intertwined with the current narrative.

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Watched the first episode last night and loved it. Excited for this

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm enjoying this so far. No one else watching? Amma is a pretty fascinating character, excited to see what happens. I have the book too, maybe I'll run through it this week.

Vallee's editing schtick is wearing a bit thin but I like what he does with some of the flashes

12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm watching and enjoying. I think it's gotten better with each episode. Some of the shit from last night was kinda hard to watch though.

13. chewbacca110

Watched second episode last night. I completely agree the flashing/editing trick is incredibly overdone, but I am excited to see how they pull off the rest of the book. They're doing a good job of including nearly everything since it's an 8-part series instead of a movie.

14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

been watching. i didn’t love the first two eps but last night was significantly better.

15. I know nothing about the book but it seems like they're heavily foreshadowing that Amma is Camille's daughter?

16. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Loving this show. The editing is certainly heavy-handed but it hasn't bothered me too much. The last flashback scene from last night... Wow. Tough to watch.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved the new episode, but goddamn is this show dark. I like it a lot, but man... just brutal.

The editing doesn't seem heavy-handed or anything to me though.

18. I actually wasn't hooked on Big Little Lies until about halfway through. This, on the other hand, had me hooked from the start, and it's only gotten better. And darker...

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Good.

21. alim

i would have been a lawyer

Great. Even Gillian herself said at multiple interviews/book discussion events that once a book is done, she done with it. No sequels etc.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really loving it. Glad I waited to read the book because I like not knowing a single thing. If anyone here reads nosleep stuff, I get huge Borrasca vibes from everything about it. Wonder if any of those similarities will turn out to be accurate by the end.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This is the first time in a while I've been this invested in a show that is currently airing making me wait week to week.

I hate it.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious