Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow (January 18, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 27, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

Had you seen/heard her before? She’s incredible.

zmtr likes this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

Nope. First time. Been listening to her every day since.

3. zmtr

Trusted

Forgot to post in here after the show but it was one of the best sets I’ve ever seen. So glad I ended up going alone. She’s so charismatic on stage and her vocals were flawless.

Big shoutout to the lighting tech because there was some wild things happening during “Memorial Day”. Also the keyboard player that does the harmonies NAILED it all night.

junkmanserenade and dadbolt like this.
  4. username

hey you lil piss baby

She's so good. Caught wind of her early singles in 2017 and got super obsessed with "Golden Cage." Saw her open for Fleet Foxes last summer and she was amazing there. Can't wait for her album to finally come out.

zmtr likes this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

been meaning to check her out for a while but this is the first full album of hers I've heard - is all her stuff in this vein?

zmtr likes this.
  7. zmtr

Trusted

Been thinking about a shortlist for my AOTY and was placing this somewhere in the top 5 but after listening a couple times today I think I can only put The National ahead of this. It's incredible.

8. zmtr

Trusted

This has more electronic elements than the rest of her work. All of her stuff is excellent but "Are We There" is one of the best albums of the decade.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

yeah that was what had thrown me off. id heard stuff from that album that wasn't electronic at all haha. ill try that one

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

I’ve been meaning to check more of her stuff based on the strength of this record. Added Tramp and Are We There a few weeks ago but still haven’t gotten around to them.

11. zmtr

Trusted

12. zmtr

Trusted

song is stupid good

13. Can’t believe I’m seeing her next week! @Rowan5215 did you catch her at the opera house last night?

oncenowagain, zmtr and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I did not, too broke to go to Vivid unfortunately :( some of my friends did go though, was very jealous

zmtr likes this.
  15. zmtr Jun 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2019)
    zmtr

Trusted

One of the best live sets I’ve ever seen. Get stoked. “Hands” will blow your socks off. Please tell the thread your thoughts afterwards.

Mary V likes this.
  16. Most people wouldn’t be able to afford Vivid! One of my friends went thanks to her bank accounts dedicated to Radiohead and The Cure, respectively

You know I’ll be in this thread the moment I get home!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

I was actually fully ready to shell out for that Cure show, Disintegration is one of my favourite albums of all time. but the weird ballot system they went with wouldn't allow me to get tickets, I thought that was really dumb

18. Tonight!!!

19. I was exhausted after the show the other night, and had a rough time at work yesterday. But, it was a spectacular show! Sharon walked out to “Undenied” by Portishead and it was perfect. Straight into “Jupiter 4”. If that isn’t my favourite song of the year so far, I don’t know what is. “Memorial Day” was un-fucking-real. Her voice, the chimes, the claustrophobic atmosphere, that performance stole the show for me. All the new songs were superb, as was “Serpents”!!!

I’m a huge fan of her weirder material, not so much her more straightforward indie rock (still great, but the new stuff was on another level). The sound was great, she’s an incredible performer, the lighting set all these moods, I can’t wait to see her again!

The support act, BATTS, was also wonderful. She played solo but she has a full band show coming up that I’ll definitely attend. An absolutely beautiful voice, similar to Weyes Blood. She was so charming too, and performed a stunning cover of Gillian Welch’s “Everything Is Free”. Oh, Sharon’s cover of “Black Boys on Mopeds” also had me crying and I don’t even relate to it at all!

20. Rowan5215

how was Seventeen? SHE PLAYED SEVENTEEN RIGHT??

Mary V likes this.
  21. Seventeen was beautiful and cathartic! During the yell, she crouches and looks at an audience member in the eyes. The concert before she got to sing that part to a teenager who was flipping her off for the entire show :crylaugh:

aliens exist, zmtr and Rowan5215 like this.
  22. Rowan5215

that's fantastic. the live version from I think Jimmy Kimmel live was absolutely incredible, the yelling gave me full body chills

Mary V likes this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

Fucking Memorial Day!!! Did they do that cool thing with the lights at your show? They make her shadow look absolutely huge on the backdrop with a super fast strobe.. That combined with the way she moves around to the beat of the song was AMAZING. It's so spooky in the best way.

I mean it when I say that her show I saw earlier in the year is one of the best sets I've ever seen. Like.. in the top 3-5.

Mary V likes this.
  24. They most likely did, but I couldn’t fully see the strobes from my seat! Spooky is the best word for that performance!

zmtr likes this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

Hi this album is an 11/10 and here is a new music video

Rowan5215 and Mary V like this.