Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3, 2021, Destin Daniel Cretton) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, May 15, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40, phaynes12, Anthony_ and 3 others like this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I haven't see a Marvel movie since Guardians 2 and at this point I have no interest in spending the time it would take to catch up, so I have been skipping Marvel movies because I am a completionist, but I will make an exception for this one, if just because I really think the world would be a better place if martial arts movies made a huge comeback

3. brothemighty

Trusted

I just started Warrior on HBO and it's scratching that itch

Henry likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

So did Wu Assassins

5. justin. Apr 22, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2021)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

To no surprise, China is hating on the trailer due to

1. a western company making it
    2. Simu Liu not having the “looks” (he isn’t light-skinned enough and has too round of a face) to represent Chinese people to the world. Their comments also express that he isn’t skinny enough.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

good thing it’s forever fuck the CCP, otherwise I’d care lol

justin. likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

xapplexpiex likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I was planning on seeing this well before the 45 day mark, so whatever.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Apparent plot from a screen test

Shang-Chi is the son of the Mandarin, but refuses to follow in on his father’s footsteps and flees to the United States.

10 years later, Shang-Chi and his friend Katy work at a hotel in San Francisco. Razorfist and his men attack them in a bus, but they manage to escape.

Shang-Chi and Katy visit Katy’s cousin Jon-Jon, a small time gangster who can hook them up new identities.

Shang-Chi has to participate in a cage match to pay for Jon-Jon’s help, and ends up fighting his sister Xialing.

Katy realizes that Jon-Jon sold Shang-Chi out and saves him. They steal a car and flee to a construction site, where Shang-Chi fights his master Death Dealer.

Razorfist captures Katy to force Shang-Chi to give up, and Xialing takes them to the Ten Rings’ lair where Shang-Chi reunites with the Mandarin.

The Mandarin is preparing an attack on the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, a hidden city in the mountains, now that their magical barrier is weakened in order to reclaim a great power and conquer the world.

The Mandarin believes it is his duty to rule the world and genuinely cares about Shang-Chi and wants him by his side, but Shang-Chi refuses.

Xialing is disappointed their father doesn’t want her by his side and helps Shang-Chi and Katy to escape.

Shang-Chi, Katy and Xialing go to the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon to warn them. They meet its protector Jiang Nan and her daughter Jiang Li, who bonds with Shang-Chi.

Shang-Chi trains with Jiang Li to unlock his chi, Katy befriends the locals and adopts a magical creature that she names “Norris”, and Xialing learns the true history of the Mandarin.

The Mandarin arrived in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon as a young man and trained there, but stole the ten rings and escaped to build his criminal empire.

Jiang Li leads Shang-Chi to the Great Protector, the dragon who holds the great power that the Mandarin is after.

The Great Protector claims Shang-Chi is destined to protect the world, but Shang-Chi just wants a normal life.

Xialing is secretly still loyal to the Mandarin and reluctantly disables the magical barrier, allowing the Mandarin and his forces to attack.

The Mandarin subjugates the locals and uses the ten rings to control the Great Protector in order to use him as a weapon. Jiang Nan stands against him, forcing the Mandarin to kill her.

The Mandarin orders the locals to submit to him or die. Xialing pleads for their lives, but the Mandarin refuses to spare them. Xialing realizes he isn’t a noble warrior and chooses to die with the locals.

Shang-Chi escapes during the attack, accepts his destiny, unlocks his chi and returns to face his father, saving the locals.

There is a huge battle between the Mandarin’s army and the warriors of the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon and the magical creatures that live in the mountains.

Razorfirst fights Jiang Li and almost kills her until Katy intervenes and takes him down. Meanwhile, Xialing fights and kills Death Dealer.

Shang-Chi battles the Mandarin. They both use their powers at first, but then Shang-Chi challenges him to an honorable fight, which he wins.

Shang-Chi reclaims the ten rings and frees the Great Protector, who repels the remains of the Mandarin’s army. He then returns the ten rings to Jiang Li.

Katy chooses to stay in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, while Xialing leaves to search for redemption.

The Mandarin accepts defeat and expresses pride in Shang-Chi, who in turns expresses respect towards his father even if his ideals are wrong.

The Mandarin is imprisoned in the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon, while Shang-Chi returns to the world to destroy what is left of the Ten Rings organization.

12. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Nah

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Big reveal at the end. It’s been a while since that character showed up

16. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Who was it? Abomination?

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m so incredibly excited for this movie.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Abomination vs Wong?

also, cool to see the dragon in this trailer…whatever its name may be.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Pretty much confirmation that it is Wong.

EB513B02-4009-4F7F-9038-BEBBB05D238D.jpeg

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

DarkHotline, Henry, tvck and 2 others like this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

Last one I saw was Avengers age of ultron, but this looks fucking awesome. Can’t wait

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I mean, they got recap videos out there if you wanna catch up.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some cool new footage

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

237D0F65-9204-4C7E-9D08-2329D67C1E1E.jpeg