Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3, 2021, Destin Daniel Cretton) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, May 15, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

looks like a higher production value version of the netflix shows. which i’m not mad about. it’ll probably be fine. gimme a few great hand to hand scenes.

2. -deleted-

-

I’m with it.

3. bodkins

Trusted

Ready for it!

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Looks like a great time

5. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

The fights look amazing and anything with Tony Leung is worth watching.

6. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

bodkins, Anthony_Soprano and justin. like this.
  7. tvck

Trusted

I absolutely can't wait for this. Looks so good

bodkins likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Director Destin Daniel Cretton adds, "A character like Wenwu could have easily been a one-dimensional villain with no heart. Tony opened this character up [so] this is an antagonist who has a deep ability to love."

"I think people hear 'the Mandarin' and expect a very specific kind of thing, and that may not be the thing they're getting,"
    producer Jonathan Schwartz explains. "They're hopefully getting a more complex and layered take on the character than that name would lead you to."

Exclusive: Simu Liu suits up in first look at 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings'

bodkins likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Fight scenes look great and hopefully won't have the shakiest cam known to man like most of the MCU's fights.

10. -deleted-

-

So I’m pretty much blind when it comes to this character’s storyline, but is there only a comic series? Or is there an animated series I can watch to learn a bit? Seeing the Mandarin mentioned above this has my interest even more invested.

11. brothemighty

Trusted

Reading comics isn't the hardest thing in the world tho

12. This looks like a ton of fun. I'm excited.

13. -deleted-

-

No definitely not. I’ve done it because of quite a few shows/movies, but I don’t think I appreciate them as much as comic fans. I’m much more of a show/movie type.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

This looks great.

15. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

i'm all in on this one.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The original Master of Kung Fu #17 - 125 and Special Marvel Edition #15 & 16 are basically 95% of Shang-Chi’s story when it comes to the comics and most of it is written by the same person, so it’s pretty consistent and a good read. You can ignore the 2017 release of issue #126. The best part about it is the cover art.

The recent Shang-Chi #1 - 5 by Gene Yang is a good, but short run.

He doesn’t have any shows as far as I know.

brothemighty and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

With the Mandarin in the film there is bound to be at least a small connection to Tony Stark beyond the 10 rings kidnapping him.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I have literally zero background on this character or this story, so this should be interesting

19. -deleted-

-

thank you for this!

justin. likes this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

I just started reading comics a few months back and the new Shang Chi issue 1 is where I started (like you, I wanted to get to know the character). It was super easy to jump into and now I’m hella into comics. Not aware of his inclusion on any tv show so comics may be it.

The single issues are probably easy enough to find, especially digitally, but a trade containing all five is now available. Including Amazon link, but a local comic shop could get it in for you as well (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302924850/?tag=absolutepunk-20)

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

If you can, find the Marvel Epic Collections of Master of Kung-Fu. Or the digital versions on Comixology. The epic collections always have soooooo many issues for the price. There’s two of them so far.

Anthony_Soprano and bodkins like this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

$90 for each of the four the Master of Kung Fu omnibi.

23. Cameron Apr 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2021)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This looks so great. Very hyped for a Asian themed MCU movie with an all Asian cast.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nothing about this did anything for me, but I'm definitely open to being surprised and get a great Asian lead.

25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

trailer is so great