Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3, 2021, Destin Daniel Cretton) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, May 15, 2019.

1. GBlades May 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2019)
    GBlades

Trusted

The movie, based on Marvel Comics, will focus on Shang-Chi; 'The Master of Kung-Fu'. It is intended to be an installment in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Kevin Feige announced that a film based on Shang-Chi had begun development. David Callaham was hired to write the script for the project. Marvel hired Destin Daniel Cretton to direct the film.

[​IMG]

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is set to be released on February 12, 2021.

Cast:

Simu Liu - Shang-Chi
    Tony Leung Chiu-Wai - The Mandarin
    Awkwafina - Unknown as yet

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Subbing

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really interested to see who they cast in this. I'm thinking Liam Hemsworth would probably be into it but maybe they'd want to go with somebody that has a lower profile like Asa Butterfield.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

or a chinese person

JoshIsMediocre and phaynes12 like this.
  5. Anthony_

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

True

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Definitely need Finn Jones, Tilda Swinton, & Scarlett Johansson in this.

Dumb jokes aside, I actually would like to see the Mandarin as the villain. Shang-Chi's original villain was some licensed character literally named "Fu Manchu." Combining that idea w/ the real Mandarin that was alluded to in that one short would be cool.

8. I don't know anything about Shang-Chi, but cast Daniel Wu to fill the void left by Into The Badlands ending.

9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

don't know much about this character but i am already invested in this movie

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Rumors last month suggested that Steven Yeun will star.

I get why they would want to sign him but getting a Korean actor to play a Chinese character probably won’t please a lot of Chinese moviegoers. Not to mention it screams “they all look the same”

I don’t keep up with a lot of Chinese actors but I would go for Eddie Peng.

11. Anthony_

I love love love Steven Yeun and want him to be in basically everything but yeah he shouldn't even be in the conversation for this.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so... not ben kingsley? lol fuck that movie sucked

14. Tim

Nah, it rules, in top 1/3 of Marvel Studios films.

But, a Shang-Chi film would be a great place to use the version of the Mandarin that wouldn't have worked in that film. Though if they do go that route, they should find an organic way to include Rhodey so that old school Iron Man fans can still get a bit of that nostalgia tastefully itched.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Nathan like this.
  15. Tim

You know what else I'd like in a Shang-Chi movie?

White Tiger. And, while we're at it, soft reboot of Iron Fist, Colleen Wing, & Misty Knight.

That's too much for the first film, but eventually, they should have a full on Master of Kung Fu/Deadly Hands of Kung Fu ensemble film.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The licensing for Fu Manchu is not in Marvel’s favor and I wouldn’t be surprised if they have the real Mandarin be Shang-Chi’s dad.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would hope they do something grand being that Shang-Chi is getting a film. I figured he would be a TV character but being a cinematic character probably means that he will play a big role for quite a while.

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

alright

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  20. Awkwafina!

phaynes12 and ghostedaway like this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Subbed

24. Tim

Awkwafina!? And, the Mandarin's involvement confirmed. Dope.

SpyKi and coleslawed like this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

FUCK YEA