Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shameless TV Show • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I feel like the show hasn't been *good* for a long time but I still enjoy it. I'm excited. Hopefully they don't split it in half like they did last season

ghostedaway and imthesheriff like this.
  2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Just started this and they added new scenes to the credits. Weird.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

First two episodes were pretty bad. Already sick of this frank vs Debbie nonsense.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's REALLY weird. I totally agree that it's time for an updated intro, but that's not the way to do it, you can't just insert new scenes of Debbie over where Fiona used to be but keep everything else 10 years old

5. irthesteve

Man.... I know people have been less into the past few seasons, but this season is the first truly horrible season, just completely terrible so far

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Now I don’t even want to try to start/finish 9. How many ep are they into ten? What’s so bad?

7. irthesteve

Almost every subplot is just absolutely horrendous. But it's weird, after this week's episode at least 3-4 of the shitty plots was quickly wrapped up like they are going to do a reset next week. I dunno!

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I really want to stop watching but I feel like I can't at this point after watching the show for so long

Jusscali likes this.
  9. imthegrimace

Yeah I'll keep watching until the show is over but this is the first season I haven't at least somewhat enjoyed so far.

10. irthesteve

did you watch this week? Maybe the show realized they were writing plot lines that were pure shit, which is why in the same episode Frank's friend is going to jail, Lip's girlfriend is out of the hospital, Carl's girlfriend is back, Liam seems to be done with his new friend.... Really feels like a soft reset of the season, especially with the preview showing Ian getting out of jail already

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I did. Guess we'll see what comes next.

irthesteve likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would definitely at least push on through 9. Fiona leaving can work as a series finale and give you some closure to the show, so I'd at least push on for one more.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My problem with a Debbie/Frank feud taking up so much space is I can't root for either of them. They both suck. I don't see where Carl's plot is going at all. Lip and the kid is.. I mean it's fine, and I like the twist of Tami being unable to help him, but it does put the most interesting character in a box.

I do like are how Frank actually cares more about Mikey than maybe anyone in his life (Frank was stealing money to give to his friend for dialysis and was actually the one saying it was time to go to the hospital??) Liam's plot is decent too and feels like he is at the right age that this would start becoming an issue for him. The one other thing I really enjoyed was Lip staying at the bar overnight - I thought for sure with the stress of the baby and him being alone there overnight it was going to go down a relapse or at least a close call situation (maybe he was about to drink before Ian called), but I appreciate that it wasn't an issue and was a subtle way of showing how far he has come.

14. imthegrimace

The season is just boring. All the storylines suck.

15. irthesteve

This week was slightly better, only because it was low on Frank, but still wasn't great

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i havent watched this season yet, but i have noticed and expressed this exact formula for the last couple of seasons, starting with whichever one introduced the Kev's redneck family storyline. since then its like it's broken into thirds and that each third is written in a bubble totally separate of the other two, it is very strange

imthesheriff and irthesteve like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I normally hate saying this about a show because it feels like a weak criticism, but there's just no point to this show anymore. We're not learning anything about any of these characters. They're all basically behaving exactly as they have for several seasons now.

The one storyline I liked early on I mentioned was Liam's identity crisis, which ok fine it ended with him deciding he's a proud Gallagher. I'm fine with that, it's in line with what we've seen from him before. But now V is just going to pick that exact same storyline up for herself? (Also much more minor complaint, but wouldn't one of the doctors she already conned presumably have been at that barbecue?) Also I just hate Debbie she is neither likable nor entertainingly hateable she's just annoying.

The two main things I'd like to see at this point would be Frank having an actual, permanent change of heart that they are hinting at (like for the love of god don't go down that road again if it's not going to last this time), and Mikey and Ian actually grappling with what their future might look like now that they have their first legitimate chance to be together in like 6 years.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh and real question here: how did they even conclude the storyline of Debbie buying all those things and never returning them? Like I know she got some money back from Mikey but was it enough. And come to think of it did Mikey die? I truly can't remember and am wondering if I fell asleep at the end of an episode or something haha

19. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Mikey got himself arrested so that he could get medical treatment in jail.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh that's right thank you!

mike1885 likes this.
  21. imthegrimace

Yeah I’m struggling to finish this episode. This was my favorite show at one point but they need to just end it.

22. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I thought that ended when Frank & Luiz Guzman’s character ransacked her storage unit?

23. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I seriously had to restart it 3 different times throughout Sunday because I kept falling asleep

24. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I really hope they announce next year is the last season. I can still watch it but it's a shell of it's former self. Showtime really knows how to destroy shows by keeping them on too long.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the plunge in quality is particularly stark as someone who binged the whole series for the first time prior to last season. the first few seasons are so good and largely representative of my experience growing up in a low income neighborhood with only my siblings to rely on like that. the latter half is a caricature of how those families live.