Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shaky Knees Festival 2018 - May 4-6 - Atlanta, GA Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wish this was better because a bunch of friends are probably going to this, BC is much better. it's not bad tho, weird names tho

3. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I think this is an absolutely fantastic line up and I'll be getting tickets, probably the 3 day right off the bat. I can't stand the National and will skip them as the headliner whatever day that is, but the other 2 headliners are great, and the middle is chock full of greatness (for me = Jimmy eat world, franz ferdinand, greta van fleet, sir sly, the menzingers, circa survive, andrew WK)

4. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Bringing back the guitarz to music festivals I see :teethsmile:

5. cwhit

well shaky knees has a festival the week before that is just electronic and hip hop so haha

6. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I love that we get Knees, Beats and Boots (i'm only interested in knees but i like that it's split into 3 festivals so each can maintain their genre integrity).

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

I'm not really a fan of any of the headliners (I'd watch Jack White and The National, but never been an active fan of either). The middle has at least 15 bands I'd watch though.

8. Rootradical

The distillers made me do a double take. Was not expecting this as their reunion show.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, that's cool. I think the genre integrity, so to speak, will allow for a more appreciative(?) crowd. I'd much prefer both Jack White and The National in a theater setting, but I'd check this out if I was in Atlanta.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

Friday is the day.

[​IMG]

11. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I'm excited for this. I can't go Friday so I'll be disappointed to miss Franz Ferdinand but I'll be at the Circa/The Sherlocks late night show Friday then at the fest on Saturday/Sunday.

Anyone recommend any of the lower tier bands? I am not familiar with a lot of them. For example, I had no idea who the Sherlocks where and their album is killer.

12. cwhit

the lower tier really sucks this year but listen to/go see charly bliss

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

Waxahatchee, Ezra Furman, Andrew WK, Bully, Charly Bliss, The Night Game, Teenage Wrist, The Menzingers, Basement, and Post Animal are all good places to start.

14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Cool. Already plan on seeing Andrew WK, Teenage Wrist (though the first spot will be tough) and The Menzingers but the rest are all new to me.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

Out of the ones I recommended that are new to you, I'd put Charly Bliss and Basement to the front of the line.

Helloelloallo likes this.