Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shaky Knees Festival 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Snewt, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Snewt Jan 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2017)
    Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

shakyknees17-lineup_daily-admat.jpg

2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Nice. Would consider this if I found a crew to go with

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

flat out embarrassing how little PoC they booked for this festival.

cwhit likes this.
  4. Snewt

Do you legit know all of these bands and their makeup? Or are you just referencing the top half? Because I haven't heard of anything below Cymbals Eat Guitars. Either way, pumped for the bands that I do know, and excited to check out some new stuff as well.

5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

having quickly googled the couple bands i dont know, of the top 11 lines (43 bands) only 4 feature PoC. its literally just white-indie-rock the festival.

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

How does X Ambassadors always get on shit

7. Emokid79

Regular

This is not what I expected from this festival this year. Especially after that killer line up last year.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

that band has a funny history with me, i saw and interviewed them back when they were doing opening sets for really small bands in like 2012, lol. blew up out of nowhere, still so weird to me how huge they got.

9. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Yeah this is like lowkey not very good, I'm still gonna go to finally see pinegrove and LCD, but it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm mostly just upset about the lack of MGMT lol

Emokid79 likes this.
  10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'm mostly going in order to hang out with @Snewt and @CarpetElf tbh, plus see The xx and Bleachers and PUP

CarpetElf, Jakobindeed and Snewt like this.
  11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Snewt likes this.
  12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

13. Emokid79

Regular

Yeah I want to see LCD but I think i'm going to go to Forecastle. They seem to have the best line-up so far,at least for me.

14. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Quaker City Night Hawks are great and underrated. Cool to see them get a spot on this.

15. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

The lineup doesn't warrant the cost. Thankfully, Boston calling was announced.

16. Snewt

I was seriously considering making the trip to Boston for that, but the tickets are over $100 more than what I paid for Shaky Knees (plus flights to Boston would be another ~$200).

17. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

20. Snewt

Updated the OP with lineup by day. There will definitely be some conflicts on Friday and potentially late Sunday :(

21. heywassuphello

The 3 main artists I wanted to see are all playing separate days . I ain't doing a 3 day pass this year.

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

23. heywassuphello

If anyone needs to unload a Sunday pass holler atcha boy

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'm posting live updates on the chorus instagram all weekend

Snewt likes this.