Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shaky Knees Festival 2016 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

If anyone's here and sees me, I'm wearing a pet symmetry shirt come say what's up

2. timcsheehan

Regular

Criminal Records. Superica (mex-tex), Brick Store Pub. If you're into beer and have time, check out monday night brewing or sweetwater.

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Thanks, I really wanna check out those breweries!

4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'm wearing a Russell Wilson jersey and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here wearing one. If you see something say something. Or just PM and I'll send you my number. I'm hitting up the Foxing/beach slang aftershow later

5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

So far so good! Just waiting for the 1975 now!

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

1975 leaving 15 minutes early having skipped Anobrain, Me, Menswear, and fallingforyou makes me very sad, since I won't be able to catch them at another date on this tour. But their set was absolutely inncredible. It's just that they had the time to play all 4

7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Agreed. I would have loved to see them fill the entire set time. The City and Ballad of Me & My Brain are two I would have loved to hear too, but really I would have settled for any few songs to bring the set to 11:00.

That aside, it was a great set and a great Day 1!

8. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

This fest is so great. It's so easy to get around, the food is great and the weather has been perfect. And we still have what's IMO the most stacked lineup today. Can't wait for Frightened Rabbit!

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This fest really has been great though. I've never been in more pain in my life in my feet though. Going to after shows each of the last two days was probably a mistake. Heading back over in a little bit for Julien though. Started a little slower today compared to yesterday.

10. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Yeah I don't think I've ever been in so much pain, hopefully we can make Julien today but I just saw her in April so I won't complain if I miss her. Just biding my time today until Frightened Rabbit, EITS, and At The Drive In

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I love how it's worked out that everything I want to see is on the same side. Today, everything I want to see is on the main stage side besides EITS and yesterday it was the opposite until Hewey, Decemberists and MMJ.

I also love how almost every band who played yesterday sounded incredibly psyched to be sharing the day with Hewey.

12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

You saw Noah I'm guessing. He was unreal yesterday

whitenblue88 likes this.
  13. How was MMJ? Saw them Thurs/Fri nights this week doing hometown shows here in Louisville and they brought the house down both nights. Would have to imagine their festival performance was inspired coming straight out of that.

14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yes yes yes. Incredible. Especially when it was just him on stage playing acoustic

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

MMJ was great. They had a two hour set and played the whole thing and then some. They were a very good headliner -- it was very theatrical with the lights, confetti, fireworks, etc and the crowd was into it the whole time!

16. Saw the video of the confetti drop during "Steam Engine," which looked awesome. Only appropriate to celebrate the song from which the festival gets its name!

17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I normally like to write a little summary of the festivals I go to so I remember what I liked most, and I figured I'd share it on here.

Top 3: Wolf Alice, The Head and the Heart, The 1975
    Shows I walked away liking a lot more than I thought I would: Savages, Atlas Genius, Wild Nothing
    Other favorite things: the weather, the confetti cannon during My Morning Jacket, Noah G playing acoustic, the surprisingly strong margaritas, getting to sleep in my own bed every night
    Least favorite things: the sound at the Ponce stage, being a slacker and not getting aftershow tickets to Silversun Pickups and Foals, Ought's set, any time the main guy from Ghost talked