Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shaky Knees Festival 2016 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

ShakyKnees16-LineupList-DAILY_web0224.jpg

2. phaynes1

Regular

debating between this or wrecking ball

3. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Would love to make it down for this. Just need to convince the gf...

4. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I'll be at this, most excited to finally see Baroness and At The Drive In (and Huey Lewis and the News, duh)

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

For those of you going, that Florence vs. ATDI conflict is going to be BRUTAL.

6. Jakobindeed

I have to leave my girlfriend at Florence for an hour because I cannot miss ATDI again, it's caused a couple of arguments in our house haha

7. Snewt

The two conflicts I'm not happy about:

Foxing vs The Japanese House

Brian Fallon vs The Front Bottoms

Tell me who to pick. Ready, go!

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

I would absolutely go with The Japanese House and The Front Bottoms.

You never know when TJH is gonna tour the states again. The other conflict i'm biased cuz I can't stand Brian Fallon haha.

9. Jakobindeed

OOF all of these conflicts are gonna kill me

Saintseneca-Foxing-Japanese House
    TFB-Brian Fallon
    Wolf Alice-Baroness
    Huey Lewis-Silversun Pickups
    Foals-Decemberists
    Florence-ATDI
    Parquet Courts-Diet Cig

And yeah, pick TFB and Japanese House, she never comes here and Foxing tours all the time

10. Snewt

Sold! Japanese House and The Front Bottoms, it is!

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It's such BS that the two bands I was most stoked to see Foxing/The Japanese House are lined up against each other.

The ADTI and Florence overlap is killer too.

It's like, I don't get why you couldn't just space out the headliners a tiny bit more so that they're not directly on at the same time. At least give me a half an hour of each.

stnewton likes this.
  12. Snewt

13. Jakobindeed

14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Really want to go cover this for the site but not sure if I want to pay for a hotel down there for the weekend. The flight wouldn't be a big deal, but a hotel could get pricey.

15. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

you could look into air for bnb. It's cheaper than a hotel.

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

true

17. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Okay, It's official. I'm going to this. I booked my flight down to Atlanta.

Snewt likes this.
  18. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

I'll be coming from Chicago for this, getting excited! Beach Slang will probably be the first band I see, assuming they are still a band at that point :teethsmile:

19. Christina M

I have an extra 3-day GA wristband that I'm selling if anyone is interested! I'm asking for $175 or best offer. Please message me! I can ship to anyone for no additional cost.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This is this weekend already! Who from the site is going?

Anyone know any good places I should hit up in Atlanta, either record shops or restaurants?

21. Jakobindeed

I'll be there, flying in tonight and staying with my parents outside of Marietta. The only stuff I know of is in Athens which is like 40 minutes away lol

22. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

Flying out from Chicago tonight!

23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Welp, there has been a delay in my flight tomorrow and I'm almost certainly missing Foxing, and I'll probably be cutting it close on The Front Bottoms (my flight is scheduled to arrive at 11:48 and then I have to go to the hotel to check in/drop my stuff off and then take the train to the festival so I'm lucky to get there before 1:30-2). This is what I get for thinking I could save the extra money and fly in the day of the festival instead of the night before.

Oh well, it's not like I haven't seen either band before. Just wish I had planned things better, especially since I'm probably going to miss the after show tomorrow night, or at least Foxing's set at it.

24. Jakobindeed

I mean I just got in from Dallas and they lost mine and my girlfriend's bag, so it's just bad all around

25. Snewt

Definitely hit up the Little Five Points area and Criminal Records while you're there. Also the new area that surrounds the Masquerade is great, Ponce City Market.