Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sexism/Feminism/Womanism Discussion Thread Social • Page 94

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

There is an anti abortion billboard in my town that they change every month or so. Has existed long as I remember. It's sponsored by our local Pregnancy Care Services. They use super extreme slogans and pictures like that and sometimes even put up drawings little kids make cause you know how kids love to draw anti abortion pics!! It's always disturbing to drive by.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

lightning and skogsraet like this.
  3. lightning

Kiana likes this.
  4. lightning

orly?

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

supernovagirl and incognitojones like this.
  6. lightning

bigmike, mercury and incognitojones like this.
  7. lightning

:teethsmile::blush:

CarpetElf, mad and Kiana like this.
  8. lightning

9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That's weird because I feel like I read an article very recently where those in STEM fields tend to suffer from "imposter syndrome" where they don't think they deserve the position they are in and are not intelligent enough for it..

I don't doubt the underestimating women part, just the overestimating their own intelligence

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Going through grade school, at least in my classes I always saw the smartest students in my math and science classes were girls

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

This resonates.

CarpetElf, mercury, mad and 1 other person like this.
  13. lightning

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

incognitojones likes this.
  15. lightning

-files nails-

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

It pains me to know that some of the worst dudes I knew in high school and college are actively having children. Those photos are exactly what I expect them to be sharing.

18. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

Please @Jason Tate don’t report in the new better off music

19. lightning

What? I'm confused

Oh never mind - You're talking about the band.

20. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

Yeah sorry I was driving and didn’t feel like capitalizing lol

21. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

So anyway on RSD I had two ugly men get smart with me on two separate occasions. I live in a smaller city and have never had a bad RSD experience, so that kind of threw me off.

But ya know... men do like to ruin women’s experiences and show us “who’s boss”

Richter915 likes this.
  22. lightning

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

LWS likes this.
  24. lightning

25. There is a person in the area who is knocking on windows of the dormitories here and watches enough to know where the women are. He makes sexual gestures and I've been told he's masturbated outside a room too. Even got into someone's room once. It has been going on for years now and police still cannot catch him and last night I found out that he did it at another dormitory 20 minutes away. So he's either doing it all over the city or just targeting students. It's extremely unsettling because the university will never put security cameras out and he's never there when I check. There's no way to tell when he'll be around, just does it between 10-12. But police never get out of their cars. It happened to two students from Korea two weeks after they got here for their exchange semester and they are always looking over their shoulders. That's not the way I wanted them to spend their time here, in a brand new country. News has spread about it and it's always guys who are laughing about it. :redanger: My blood runs cold every time I hear the descriptions of his actions. And I'm involved because I work as an assistant helping the exchange students. I just wish there was more I could do. I write to the dorm association when it happens and have called the police for the students. The association also makes calls to police and supposedly they have increased patrols, but still nothing.