Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sexism/Feminism/Womanism Discussion Thread Social • Page 82

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah I'm not doing that lol, my criticisms are different

St. Nate likes this.
  2. But yeah I probably shouldn't have reacted so quickly.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Why can I not care about both? I brought up what I said because there have to be other alternatives instead of excluding people from a festival. Which was including in the last sentence of my post. How is that going to make the men who are committing the harassments change their ways? I don't see that being very effective.

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I think there's a lot of knee jerk reactions like today I tweeted something about men being trash bc I was in a situation that really burned my biscuits and went off.

I see what Lightning is saying and I agree. I also think tho that things like this stem from being beaten down for so long and especially women not being able to enjoy concerts, festivals what have you bc men do act like animals for some reason in that setting.

I feel that it's a small percentage in the grand scheme of things but like I personally don't go to shows and things anymore bc of harassment and not wanting to deal with it.

This is my perspective and no matter what I'm always learning and will always be learning about feminism especially intersectional.

I think men can get over a festival being just for women but yeah, what is that teaching to progress with the issues?

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. Oh. I mean, there's a reason two people jumped at you so quickly. That didn't come across in your post at all.

7. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't quite understand how it's going to work. I could be missing something. It'd make more sense to me if the main purpose was to provide women a safe place to see some shows, but instead it seems like a "ha ha you dickhead men aren't invited." Which if thats what it is that's fine, I just feel like the founders would be doing themselves and their target market a huge disservice by taking the later route. Sorry for rambling lol.

8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Amazing how mentioning facts can turn you into a feminist ally. Goes to show how low the bar is for men.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

" Women are people"
    Give this man a medal

11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Recognizing women existing is all a dude has to do really

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Serena in particular gets shit on a lot bc she's a strong female and role model for girls I guess is why. So I like when anyone stands up for her bc she doesn't get the love she deserves. I mean damn she was 5 months preggo out there kicking ass too!

skogsraet and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. NERDBIRD

<tweets>

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's also racist, like so many people commenting on her looks in a gross way

AelNire likes this.
  15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yeah, definitely. Just like Michelle Obama. People can't stand to see strong poc women but especially black women. They're both beautiful too so I didn't get it at first and then I put it together.

16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it's nice to see Andy Murray realize an issue and try his best to do the right thing when he can, even if it seems small and insignifcant

17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not sure if it was Serena or Venus, but one of them walked by a tennis court in the middle of the night to play with some people. That's awesome.

18. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

It was Serena

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

LWS and AelNire like this.
  20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

21. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

How are you on chorus but not your phone

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

They used to (maybe still do) do a comedy thing on Youtube. It was Nick, Kyle, and the other dude on SNL Ben or Dave maybe? Anyways, I could tell Nick was a douchebag just by watching that and stopped watching. The whole let's make sexism a joke in comedy is tiresome to say the least. Really disappointing that they went along with it.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

His name's Beck
    and yeah it is

AelNire likes this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Is this real? I put it into a fact checker and couldn't find it.

IMG_8282.JPG

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

AelNire likes this.