Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Setting up a Secondary Router

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Mister Lyrical, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Mister Lyrical Oct 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2016)
    Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

For the past couple of months I've suffered in the top floor of my apartment with a horrible connection to my wireless router on the first floor. Now I'm not well versed in setting up a network but I connected another router through Ethernet to the top floor so I could actually use the internet reliably. I connected them through each routers Ethernet ports in what I believe is LAN to LAN connection. After connecting to this new router I am able to access some websites (Netflix, Reddit, Facebook) but a select few are not visible (Namely Chorus.fm). Anyone have an explanation for why this might be the case and be able to guess how I fucked this thing up. @Jason Tate

Edit: Actually it seems that the connection is simply wavering. I basically just plugged in the second router and called it a day. Is there something else I should be doing to idealize it for this scenario?