Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Set Your Goals Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mister Lyrical, Apr 13, 2017.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Damn I was just randomly thinking about this band this morning, too

2. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

One of my biggest fears is colliding with a semi on the interstate. In 2019 a semi driver from oncoming traffic fell asleep, drove across the median and hit 3 cars killing everyone. We were 45 seconds behind this and it freaks me out thinking about what could have happened if I had been driving a little bit faster.

I'm glad Matt is doing okay - relatively. I hope he has a quick recovery.

summertimejesus likes this.
  3. Snoblin

Matt Wilson’s got a new band that sounds like Set Your Goals sans Jordan (which makes me sad, but it’s still good)

Colby Searcy and kyle like this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Listening to Mutiny and This Will Be the Death of Us today. What incredible records. Miss these guys.

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Definitely staples from the 00s scene.

Chcurry182 likes this.
  6. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

This Will Be the Death of Us might be my favorite summer album. Immediately transported back to the summer of 09 every time I listen to it.

dzyjay, Supernova, tonyt3524 and 2 others like this.
  7. soggytime

Trusted

Yup I could not stop listening to This Will Be The Death of Us during the summer of 09

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Need them to come back so bad

9. Give me a new EP and an anniversary tour

Colby Searcy and tyler2tall like this.
  10. I would love even just a remaster of This Will Be the Death of Us

11. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Chcurry182 likes this.
  12. Snoblin

I love SYG but I think this band is deader than dead.

I’d bet money that these guys don’t even talk that much anymore.

13. Jonnyplantey

Regular

yeah at this point they’re just a legacy band. Really don’t think we’ll be getting new music from them. Saw them at riot fest 2016 and that was a fun nostalgia trip. Maybe they’ll do anniversary shows for their albums, but even that I doubt.

14. dzyjay

Regular

Apparently they got a great offer for WWWY fest and everyone was down except Jordan

15. Wonder why

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

jordan was the one who said they were working on a new album the last time i saw them in chicago which was 2016, he also said they'd be back in the spring, they never came back and never put out a new album

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Jordan not wanting to do the band is the reason they don't play to my knowledge. There was talks of them playing with just Matt at certain points, which I'm glad they didn't do

18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That two song EP they released really got me hyped for them again, what a bummer. Thought they were gonna have a second renaissance like FYS did.

JoshIsMediocre and WadeCastle like this.
  19. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

i'll walk it off is my favorite song by them, fantastic!

20. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Those 2 songs are some of their best.

21. latortuga

Regular

That EP reminds me of the one-off track that Conditions released. Got me suuuuuuper hyped for a reunion/new music but it ended up just being the one thing.

WadeCastle likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah those final two songs were great. I remember being so excited for a second wave from them and then nothing ever materialized

Nobody should ever be forced to do anything they don’t want to do, but sucks for the rest of the guys if everyone else is down to play shows and make a buck

23. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

agreed, matt out of him and jordan always seemed more into it, he did the repressing of the reset EP on his own and yah thats the vibe i always got, plus then they were gone he would pop up on guest vox like this song with roam and i never heard jordan on anything?

i also miss roam, i know they just broke up but i never got a chance to see em live :tear:

333 GANG likes this.