Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Set Your Goals Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mister Lyrical, Apr 13, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms Oct 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not to be a debbie downer but I’ll be legitimately surprised if they put out another record.

Most, if not all, of the members live far from each other now in different states and have their own day gigs. I would love to be wrong though so fingers crossed! I grew up in the Bay Area with this band and would love nothing more than to see them actually back in full force.

2. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

kyle, Snoblin, latortuga and 8 others like this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I miss this band. Listened to This Will Be The Death today and forgot how much I love it. And listened to the two song EP they did. So good. Shame we never got anymore music after that.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. What was this? Says it was deleted or private.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. It was that video of Shaq DJing with his family dancing to Gaia Bleeds.

JaytotheGee and BigMouth like this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Matt moved back home! Hopefully the boys get together more and we see some more traction from them. I bet they have a lot to say.

8. Literally just got the itch to listen to This Will Be the Death of Us. I'd love to hear more, those two singles right before they left were such a tease.

9. latortuga

Regular

I really loved I'll Walk It Off and thought it seemed like a huge tease. I'm not really hoping anymore but I still dig this band.

10. I love these guys and maybe there’s music in the future but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure they recorded an album and scrapped it

I would love to hear that lol

latortuga and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can this band come back please?

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. Ahh why did you gotta bump this? I’m sad now.

14. Really? When was that?

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Around the time they did the Mutiny shows and then they just disappeared again :(

The Pierogi likes this.
  16. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I know they had talked about new music at the mutiny! shows, but I wasn’t aware of them actually having studio time.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Here are some tweets about them talking about working on it at least

kyle likes this.
  18. soggytime

Trusted

Damn I LOVED this band in High School. Both "Mutiny!" and "This Will Be the Death Of Us" were in my rotation for a while.

I remember falling off of them once their third record came out and then not thinking about them for a while. I'd be very happy to hear new music from them.

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Those tweets make me excited bc it sounds like theres a lot of music sitting around.

I also think I'm one of the few fans that loves Burning At Both Ends. Over recent years, I go back to that album more than the others. Its super fun.

latortuga likes this.
  20. soggytime

Trusted

Yeah, I'm way over-due for revisiting that album. I literally haven't since its release in 2011 and I might have been too harsh on it at the time

21. Would like to see these guys again

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn’t realize this band was at all political until like this year lol

23. 69BD9C4C-42EF-4C7E-9AD4-0055AC27709C.png

JaytotheGee and JamesMichael like this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Time for new album

25. The one thing I will say about Mutiny! is that the production is unbelievably atrocious. Still love it though.

mattylikesfilms and Nate_Johnson like this.